New Home for DCI

I can't wait for this to be built and I can't wait to see finals on video. I only wish I will have the opportunity to go to finals during the 10 (?) year stint there.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this going to be a dome or a retractable roof?

Much as i'd like to have the members NOT have to worry about a repeat of 93 Jacksonvile, I'd also hate to see -- or rather hear -- a repeat of the echo chamber from 82 Montreal (although the effect DID aid the atmosphere on the last note of Regiment;s show...kinda like a tomb door closing on Spartacus)

Is this going to be a dome or a retractable roof?

Much as i'd like to have the members NOT have to worry about a repeat of 93 Jacksonvile, I'd also hate to see -- or rather hear -- a repeat of the echo chamber from 82 Montreal (although the effect DID aid the atmosphere on the last note of Regiment;s show...kinda like a tomb door closing on Spartacus)

Yes it will be retractable...here is an excerpt from an Indianapolis paper story today:

The roof on Lucas Oil Stadium will boast a larger opening -- a 4.5-acre hole to the sky -- than the three other current or future NFL stadiums with retractable roofs, and it will work so efficiently it'll generate power when moving down slope.

Go here for the full story: Indianapolis Star Article About Lucas Oil Stadium Retractable Roof

Stadiums are always over budget, for example: Toronto Skydome, original budget $350,000,000.00 CDN. came in at

$550,000,000.00 CDN.

It was sold to Rogers Communications owners of the Toronto Blue Jays for.....are you ready for this? Sold by the Ontario Government for $ 25,000,000.00 !!!!!

That's $ 525,000,000.00CDN less than what the Taxpayers of Ontario paid to have it built !!!!

Boy are the politicians in this province ever shrewd businessmen. They actually thought they made a good deal. :beer::lookaround:

But doesn't that work out to be only $1? :rolleyes:

10$ to the first person to show up on that camera nude in front of the sign.

...if only I had $10...

We're moving the World Championships to Indianapolis?

Geez, nobody ever tells me anything.

I wonder ....when Al Gore invented the internet...did he envision it would be used for 24 hr a day webcams that focused on nothing but the progress of stadiums being built?

Talk about watching the grass grow :P