Jester

Why did this become yet another VK argument thread? I have no earthly idea.

I'll say this;

Everyone who was going to march Jester: I encourage you to make the decision to join another corps for this year. Get the experience. We are sorry to hear about Jester, and I was personally looking forward to seeing them in action this year.

LOOK FOR SOMEWHERE TO MARCH! IT'S WORTH IT!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did this become yet another VK argument thread? I have no earthly idea.

That's simple...some people have a bug up their ### about another corps offering spots to one that looked like it was taking a year off.

If VK had offered spots, and then it came out that jester WAS in fact fielding, I'm fairly certain the VK folks would tell the Jester kids to stay in Arizona and get their corps out on the field.

Sigh...

Ok, I'm just wondering, what bright future is there ahead for Jester? Finals is on their doorstep and they are unable to tour this year? They have fluctuated in and out of exhibition mode nearly every season since they began, and they have been accused of some mismanagement towards staff and members. I can't imagine that they are getting good publicity, or returning members from this experience. So, please enlighten us as to how they intend to turn the organization around ever, much less in the near future?

Please note that I have not insulted or intended to attack members of the Jester organization, merely the organization itself.

From my experience with the corps we have not been exhibition since 2004 when we officially declared our competitive status with DCI. As for mismanagement in the past, I am uncertain where these thoughts were generated. It is my observation that most of the publicity regarding the corps is generated through rumors and so on. There is a restructuring plan set in order for the Jester Youth Arts organization as a whole. Being on staff I can declare first hand that the current student base we have are dedicated and talented individuals who are fully invested in the corps. I suppose this is all hearsay until a product is presented to the public. I do appreciate the constructive criticism, inquiries and helpful thoughts regarding our current status. We just have to see what the future holds and enjoy the 2007 season.

A very professional response. But Jester was indeed in exhibition a little last year due to not always having enough members on the field, I believe.

I apologize. You are completely right about this. We in fact were exhibition once last year. I guess I am losing my memory in my old age. :laugh: Thank you for the correction.

We just have to see what the future holds and enjoy the 2007 season.

David,

I wish you and the Jester family the very best as you regroup and prepare to step off again. The kids will be missed on the field this summer, but we are ready to cheer them back when they step on the field in 2008!!

Michael