Anyone still looking to march?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks oh so much for hi-jacking a thread in Div 2/3 forum for a Div 1 corps.

The Crossmen seek accomplished, skilled mellophone players to audition for the San Antonio, Texas-based corps. The calling comes as the corps prepares to Move In for Spring Training at the state-of-the-art facility, The Virgil T. Blossom Athletic Center.

The corps gathers for four weeks of training beginning Saturday, May 26 in San Antonio as they continue work on their 2007 program, "Metamorphosis." This is the perfect opportunity for players who missed out on the fall and winter audition process, but still have the commitment, skill and desire to march in a Division I drum corps. Even more exciting, 2007 members will be the first generation of Crossmen hailing from the Lone Star State.

The corps has been learning and rehearsing music for "Metamorphosis" since January and drill instruction to the opener began during the early May camp. Selections of the show include Paul Hindemith’s "Symphonic Metamorphosis," and other pieces yet to be released by staff.

Announced in February by Crossmen Director Mark Chambers, "Metamorphosis" will link the rich nostalgia of this legendary East Coast drum corps with a promising future that is just starting to reveal itself in Texas.

The Crossmen will debut their musical repertoire during the Texas Drum Corps Preview on June 16 on the steps of the state capital in Austin, Texas. Then on June 23, Bones will break out their much anticipated field program at their first DCI competitive event in Toledo, Ohio.

Qualified players interested in audition information should contact Brass Caption Head Rick Villareal at rick@yea.org for details

Spirit of New Jersey has 3 Bari and 1 Contra opening left to fill out their hornline.

Very affordable tour fee.

Contact Bigelow1@comcast.net or go to www.spiritofnewark.org

Spokane Thunder is looking for a few good kids...

http://www.spokanethunder.org/get_pr.ydev?news_id=18971

Thanks oh so much for hi-jacking a thread in Div 2/3 forum for a Div 1 corps.

Hi-jacked? I think not. Just my suggestion on the topic.

"Anyone still looking to march?, Ideas for the procrastinators..."

Edited by Ring Leader

I think the Raiders are still looking for 2 lead trumpets, 1 third trumpet, and 1 second baritone...not quite sure, but if you're interested, go to www.raidersdbc.org and find our head director's email (Tom Maiello) and email him.

Just to clarify Dan's post...

At the time the our drill writer started we had 38 brass with dues paid. Our drill was written for 38 brass. Since then we all lose members dues to various reasons. The spots are 2 second and 1 thrid trumpet and 1 second baritone. We are closing those 4 spots next weekend. after we finish learning the drill to the opener. The next section will be written for what we have. We extremely excited about our move to Div 2 and plan to be just as competitive, fun, and education as the corps was in Div 3.

Oops, sorry Tommy...I could've sworn they were 1st trumpet spots. Guess I was wrong :laugh:

People dont recruit for Div II/III corps in your forum, I specifically mention the topic in here since they were a div II/III corps and dont have a full rehearsal schedule... someone please move or edit the post <**>

I didn't see that this was Div II/II when I posted since In came in through "View New Posts" and it doesn't specify that in the topic header. Post removed.

Carry on...

Edited by Ring Leader

Edited by GMKuzma