Things you miss

I miss my friends the most! And the new places I went too. And the rush right before starting a show or that last note you play!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss sleeping on the floor, the smell of bus fumes, the roar of the crowd, being with just fellow musicians all day, having leadership in every part of my life, and most of all, I just miss drum corps.

I think I'm gonna ask my host parents for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch.

Just wonderding about all the things everyone misses after tour that normal people dont think about.

Mine is not having anyone to talk to in the shower. I know it sounds strange but if you marched you know what I'm talking about.

I miss being able to walk through a grocery store and not be marching in step to the in-store radio network! Left foot first and everything!

I even do the crab-step to dodge fast-moving carts as they turn the corner too close--13 years after marching!

Jack Bevins's infamous powdered Scrambled eggs and Baco's

Ahhh...juevos rancheros! Gotta love :blink: Ma Smith!!!! B)

*buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

Those stupid gym lights turning on every morning.

Probably the worst (and best, now that I don't have to hear them anymore) sound to wake up to in the mornings.

I had Hard wood floors in my bedroom. Before I left for tour I had moved everything to the basement because i had plans to move. I actually did sleep on my floor and lived out of my suitcase for a bout a week I was just to lazy to move things back in to my room. Showers were hard to get use to. I find it funny I cant stand pb & j now but it was so good on tour. One thing I really miss though is my tan. I hardly ever burned, seeing my tan wash away was hard, though i still have my tan lines, I may have to find an alternative way to tan. Im not going to lie every time i saw a coach bus I was always scoping it out trying to see who it was, I still do actually. The smell of diesel brings back memory, i found it strange to go on band trips. Every one in band is so boring on trips, there was no singing, dancing, bus wars or toga partys. This summer is going to SUCK! *SIGH*

i miss...

- being close to naked most of the time

- feeding new guys to alligators.

- talking to girls in other corps and snaring them in a web of lies.

- talking to local girls from a showsite and snaring them in a web of even more elaborate lies.

- using profanity as sentance puncuation and spacing.

- spending freedays in places i will never see again.

- wandering aimlessly around lots after shows.

- bus.... activities.

- the curse... and blessing... of tour goggles.

- setting off car alarms.