DCA New 35 Rule

I'd have to say that they're all hard to recruit for.

The DCA experience is considerably different than the DCI one. Personally I don't know how we put out a field show on par with the Caliber of the Jr. Corps. Aside from many corps Averaging 5 to 10 years of average drumcorps experience.

I know in my experiece, I've had better experiences in non-DCA corps than DCA corps. Mainly because I enjoy playing my horn. And when you put out a field show, you only spend maybe 30% of your corps time actually playing your horn. And most of that was at the start of the season, assuming that you didn't join late in the season and only get exposed to drill.

Just my take.

Edited by Shadow_7

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Drummers have been hard to find down in Texas as well - very strange, considering the # of junior-age kids out there.

Mike

Yep. A bunch come out for open house, but life seems to draw them away (Job changes, shipped overseas, knee surgery, baby on the way...)

Last year for us it was guard, but that problem has been more than fixed :P

We don't "fill" our sections. We take whoever commits to the summer program and declare that our full drum corps.
Now THERE'S a novel (not to mention, honest) approach!! As opposed to saying we are looking for "one" more player (maybe two) to fill our line...as if......

Got me. Some Renegade computer genius figured it out once upon a time.

An evil computer genius?

Actually, on the West Coast, it has been hardest to fill the percussion sections (at least for Renegades and Dream, that seems to hae been the case).

All winter season we have had the hardest time finding Soprano players. It is true we didn't see a drumline till after Winter Drumline season was over.

But now with the season approaching us, we only have three spots to fill in the corps.

We will be marching 24 horns, 19-20 Guard, 10 battery, and 6 in the pit(actually no staff members in the pit this year!!!)

We are still looking for 1 soprano, and 1 Baritone. Any level welcome

and 1 Quad player.

So we will be a little bigger than we were last year at Rochester!!