DCI Top 17-25 VHS Tapes & eBay

I'd be surprised if they didn't have almost everything from 1974-present for top 25 on some format of video. What show and format were you looking for?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be surprised if they didn't have almost everything from 1974-present for top 25 on some format of video. What show and format were you looking for?

We were looking for an original recording of the 1985 show for the 27th Lancers of prelims. I actually found one, an old friend of mine has the album.

Edited by Lancerlady

There is a 95 top 17 vhs with 7 hours left on ebay and it is only 25.00 right now.

Just remembered that the "Through the Years" series was actually called "Corps Packs".

Through the years series is correct. "Corpspacks" were offered in 1992 getting all three performances of your favorite top 12 corps. I got all 12 when video express liquidated.

The familiar names are usually in the bidding for the top 25, Me, 84skyryder, Leed17, we all are working on solidifying our collections.

Although, I dont know who just won the bidding on the 85 set.

~G~

I have the complete sets (top 25, 5 tapes) of the high-cams from both 1984 and 1985. Think it is worth putting them on eBay to raise money for my son's tour next year? This past winter, he sold off the old Lionel trains his Grandfather left him. He made about $800. We were trying to think of what else he could do for next year.

I think we should all contact Mr. Dan and let him know their is a demand for this product. I'm sure they'd offer it on Season Pass. I seem to remember asking their merchandising manager about this once and was told it was in the process of being added. The top 13-25 shows from the past.

But when I tried to find out if they had a certain recording of a year, I was told they didn't. I don't know if that was just the recording, but they may have the VHS recording of it. Know what I mean?

I was told on here it was because of copyright issues, which I don't believe. <**>

Did any see the DCI Legends Videos from 74 to 79 sold last sunday for $315 or thier abouts.........I was hoping to get for $200 oh well..........

We were looking for an original recording of the 1985 show for the 27th Lancers of prelims. I actually found one, an old friend of mine has the album.

Have you tried the webmaster for www.beanman.net? He did the documentary of the Lancer history on his website...and may have access to that video. Good luck! :)

Have you tried the webmaster for www.beanman.net? He did the documentary of the Lancer history on his website...and may have access to that video. Good luck! :)

Yes, I know Steve, he is an alumni. I have the video myself. Actually, we were looking for a recording of just the music.

There was a bunch of us that worked with him on the documentary.

I found a recording as well. Thanks! :)

Edited by Lancerlady

I was told on here it was because of copyright issues, which I don't believe. <**>

"Calling Michael Boo!!" :)

This topic came up when DCI brought online Season Pass -- it comes down to two issues:

Copyright (which is the main issue)

&

Demand.

Watching the Ebay auctions has been interesting -- the values going up and up. Also, watching the DCA Video sets go up in value.

With a trend of demand on eBay, hopefully it eliminates the issues of whether or not there is Demand for the product -- now it just comes down to Copyright approval.

I would like what I would like to have is a high camera set of all the Champions pre 2000

And

A set of the “13th” Corps – boy, there are some great shows through out the years – 27th Lancers, Florida Wave, Dutch Boy, etc. etc.