Cadets Narration

The marvelous singer, the Red Queen, the guy in the bunny suit, Hoppy's daughter...to name a few who had plenty of personal remarks made about them.

Again, wrong. It was what they were wearing or what they were doing. Im sorry but I learned to tell the difference regarding personal attacks and/or general comments in grade school. Its quite simply a black and white issue. Nobody knows anything about those people, their names, or their life, only what they publicly present in an open arena, and that is what was commented on. Some people need to learn this difference before drawing the conclusion of a personal attack...unless it fits into their agenda of playing the victim. Mike, you try to point out a personal attack at every angle, it may be your opinion, but fact is its not, just a general comment or observation regarding something presented by someone, not against that someone.

~G~

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The music doesnt speak for itself in drum corps ?? Really ?? Hmm.....so, tell me, how many people on DCP have bought the CD's ?? And then tell me how many of those same people have bought the video without sound ???

Exactly. You make a statement with zero evidence to back it up . Drum and bugle corps has always been about the music. Everything else is secondary, or falls in line to that music.

Words are defined, they are black and white they draw us to conclusions, they limit our imaginations. Music need not be explained or there wouldbe no music to begin with.

~G~

I agree. Music, as is true with all art, is an expression of emotion. This is why music is added to movie scores, to set the proper emotional state.

For example, I was listening to public radio the other evening and they were discussing Bernard Hermann who wrote music for many movies, including several Alfred Hitchcock movies. They discussed how Hitchcock did not want any music for the shower murder scene in Psycho. It was filmed that way and at the prescreening, people actually laughed at that scene. The now all too famous music was added and the classic scene of terror became that instead of comedy.

Music doesn't need words. Music is quite expressive in its own right.

got any proof to back that up?

i'm pretty sure if there was inappropriate criticism it would've been removed from here.

Assorted comments on DCP about the Red Queen girl and her physical attributes...

Monica Lewinski: Cadets Red Queen

He was, until the red queen stepped on him.

The Red Queen is just disturbing . . . . really really disturbing

Uhhh...positive...the red queen keeps her clothes on?

the characters, especially the singer, that silly rabbit and the Red Queen, are a distraction from what may be a great show

I too dont get why the "red queen" looks like a street walker with too much jiggling going on

the characters, especially the singer, that silly rabbit and the Red Queen, are a distraction from what may be a great show

with all due respect, this isn't even close to a personal attack.

Assorted comments on DCP about the Red Queen girl and her physical attributes...

Monica Lewinski: Cadets Red Queen

He was, until the red queen stepped on him.

The Red Queen is just disturbing . . . . really really disturbing

Uhhh...positive...the red queen keeps her clothes on?

I too dont get why the "red queen" looks like a street walker with too much jiggling going on

I have said before that the characters were a distraction. I don't believe that is derogatory in any way though.

People have said things about them that were not derogatory and others have said things that were. Besides, this is relevant why?

The music doesnt speak for itself in drum corps ?? Really ?? Hmm.....so, tell me, how many people on DCP have bought the CD's ?? And then tell me how many of those same people have bought the video without sound ???

Exactly. You make a statement with zero evidence to back it up . Drum and bugle corps has always been about the music. Everything else is secondary, or falls in line to that music.

Words are defined, they are black and white they draw us to conclusions, they limit our imaginations. Music need not be explained or there wouldbe no music to begin with.

~G~

It could. Maybe once music did speak for itself in drum corps. But it doesn't anymore and hasn't for a very long time.

The music presented in modern drum corps is accompanied by numerous other elements. As I said, the uniforms, the drill and the guard are the most obvious examples. Even voice has played its role in the past in song and by spoken word.

You could limit the discussion to the CDs but then we'd be talking about concerts, not drum corp shows. The shows have many layers of which brass, drums and even voice are but one each.

Like the words or don't; that's your business. But let's not pretend everything in drum corps is music - it's not.

HH

PS: Zero evidence, G? Come on ...

...Like the words or don't; that's your business. But let's not pretend everything in drum corps is music - it's not...

I don't like the words, and I'm not pretending that the only thing in drum corps is music.

But how about we don't pretend that music isn't the major element of drum corps.

Using your natural extension idea...way past time to add electronics and WW as they are missing elements to drum corps. :blink:

Nah, they are the added elements that make marching band unique from drum corps. ^0^

It's May, for goodness sakes. How much will be tweaked and changed...probably lots already has been since the clip was released. People are typing as if this were the August finished product.

Very true. Many changes, including several big ones, are on the way.