Jacket on Ebay

Just a heads up to anyone who's interested. But it would be a shame to see the Member Jacket listed on Ebay go to anyone but a Alumni. Hopefully someone reputable can get this thing, or at least get it back in the hands of the corps itself.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-Garfield-Cade...1QQcmdZViewItem

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't think that's a member jacket. They released a "Garfield Cadet souvie" jacket around 1990, I think. I was marching at the time and wanted one, but I saw the stripes on the waistband and cuffs, and they were different from the member jacket. That one just has gold stripes, but the member jacket has multiple multi-colored stripes.

So, in a nutshell, it's not authentic....but if you want it, it IS pretty dang cool!

I re-read the original ebay listing twice, and nowhere does the seller state that it's a "member" jacket, only that it's a "Garfield Cadets Drum Corps Jacket."

Now, if the corps at one time sold them on the souvie trailer or elsewhere, then I'd say that "in a nutshell," it is indeed authentic. :)

Want does it matter if someone did sell there corps member jacket is it there right to do so............I remember a year or so ago I saw someone sell a DCI championship ring on EBay.

Edited by CoreyD

Want does it matter if someone did sell there corps member jacket is it there right to do so............I remember a year or so ago I saw someone sell a DCI championship ring being sold on EBay.

Yeah...I've seen that twice..both BD rings (82 and 86)...but in both of those cases, a BD alum won the ring and was going to get it back to the corps.

Just a heads up to anyone who's interested. But it would be a shame to see the Member Jacket listed on Ebay go to anyone but a Alumni. Hopefully someone reputable can get this thing, or at least get it back in the hands of the corps itself.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-Garfield-Cade...1QQcmdZViewItem

I just took a look and this is NOT a member jacket. The difference being in the banding on the wrists and waist. If memory serves me right, this jacket was offered as a souvenier in the late 80's. I believe it was also given to persons who made contributions to the corps at a certain level in the annual fundraising campaign.

Do not be taken, this jacket is in no means an ORIGINAL Garfield Cadet member jacket. I own an original of this similar style from 1982 and it will never be offered for sale under any circumstances. I don't think any true member jacket from any corps would be.

Edited by George82

Want does it matter if someone did sell there corps member jacket is it there right to do so............I remember a year or so ago I saw someone sell a DCI championship ring being sold on EBay.

Yeah, from a property rights standpoint, but why would you want someone who might not be affiliated to have your member jacket. What if the person wore it as a costume to commit a crime and cast a bad light on the organization? Why not just donate it to the corps or raffle/auction it off to members at a corps function? Give it to a drum corps archive. The possibilities seem endless, but in the end I guess they can do as they please, it just seems a little odd and maybe even a little disrespectful.

Do not be taken, this jacket is in no means an ORIGINAL Garfield Cadet member jacket.

I don't think the ebay seller is trying to "take" anyone. He (or she) NEVER said anywhere in the listing that it was a MEMBER jacket. Those words were from DCP posters who falsely assumed that it was a member jacket. Don't blame the seller. The ad isn't misleading.

I don't think the ebay seller is trying to "take" anyone. He (or she) NEVER said anywhere in the listing that it was a MEMBER jacket. Those words were from DCP posters who falsely assumed that it was a member jacket. Don't blame the seller. The ad isn't misleading.

Not directly, buy until Cadets alums pointed out teh difference, I DID think it was a member jacket..