Phantom Regiment shows...

Phantom Regiment shows  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Which Phantom Regiment show drew you into the organization or activity?

• 2003 (I'm sure there are a lot of you!)
    • 1994 (My year! Anyone??)
    • Previous show listed below
  2. 2. Which Phantom Regiment show drew you into the activity or organization?

• 1958 and before (Jim Wren & Co!)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, what he said!

$1 to fan.

Seriously....someone answers "None" and people are getting upset? It's a valid answer. Not everyone was drawn into the activity by the Phantom Regiment.

Invalid question--everyone was drawn into the activity by the Phantom Regiment. :huh:

It's a simple matter of intention/function.

Perhaps you didn't intend to send a specific message with your post, but it functioned as a smarmy, snarky, ornery, obstreperous "diss."

Ha-ha! $2 to Nikk--one for defense fund, one for using the word obstreperous! One step beyond vociforous, my personal favorite! See folks, that's the difference in an MBA and a PhD--Dr's get to use the big words you have to look up on m-w.com!

Then why not ignore the thread all together and find something else to post on?

Yeah, Hrothgar just started a new one.

I've enjoyed a lot of Phantom shows and I've been entertained by a lot of their shows, and definitely have a lot of respect for the organization.

However, I would say that I would honestly have to answer "none." None of their shows have drawn me into their organization like other corps have. And Phantom didn't draw me into the activity.

I will say that my first year truly getting into DCI was 2003. They had an amazing show, and I will say they were a part drawing me into the activity, but they're no more responsible than The Cavaliers, BD, SCV. or my very own Bluecoats.

Not knocking the regiment. Just saying that there are people out there who aren't in complete awe, and who were brought into the activity by other organizations.

Did you contribute to my thread about Bluecoats? Just looking for information about your corps. Had some nice things to say, too. Thanks for returning the favor here, seriously!

And regarding those lumps of lead known as Euphoniums, if you get a pretty sound they let you play baritone. If you need a three-foot bore to play with a nice, full-throated sound they hand cuff you with those things. I chose baritone. Pity the fools!

Wimp? Maybe. Nice sound anyway? Check.

1987...was one of a few shows i was first exposed to while at band camp my freshman year in hs that summer. The Director had recorded finals off of PBS ..the good ole days of the top 12 being shown in it's entirety (sp) on PBS.

Such a good..GOOD SHOW..definitely has to be one of the most underappreciated shows done by Phantom. Poweful hornline and Music that year..WOW!!

Who arranged the Brass book that year? Wren? Or Larry K.

Edited by Zeke

1987...was one of a few shows i was first exposed to while at band camp my freshman year in hs that summer. The Director had recorded finals off of PBS ..the good ole days of the top 12 being shown in it's entirety (sp) on PBS.

Such a good..GOOD SHOW..definitely has to be one of the most underappreciated shows done by Phantom. Poweful hornline and Music that year..WOW!!

Who arranged the Brass book that year? Wren? Or Larry K.

PR has had only 3 brass arrangers since 1967: Jim Wren through 1999, Michael Klesch 2000-01, J.D. Shaw 2002-present.

(You even showed me the uniform you'd managed to hang on to! How'd you manage that?)

I used my mad ninja contra skills. :huh:

Love the Brazale comment in your sig! But it does sound like something Steve Suslik would say.

Well that was one of many wonderful quotes from the stylings of John Brazale directed at the contra section. Then again, we were a really bizarre group of individuals. It was like living in a live action version of the Bad News Bears, but with weapons. Sanity was at a premium in the section. Perhaps that's why they called the section leaders' position in the contra line "warden" (Dan Farrell figured that it would be like running an insane asylum...he wasn't that far off).

Well that was one of many wonderful quotes from the stylings of John Brazale directed at the contra section. Then again, we were a really bizarre group of individuals. It was like living in a live action version of the Bad News Bears, but with weapons. Sanity was at a premium in the section. Perhaps that's why they called the section leaders' position in the contra line "warden" (Dan Farrell figured that it would be like running an insane asylum...he wasn't that far off).

Brazale + Contras = Instant Gold.

Some I remember from my rookie year (1991):

"The contras haven't figured out which football field we're on!"

"Contras, are you on drugs?"

"Mrs. Riebock, scrape that garbage off the field..."

Ah, good ol' John.

Brazale + Contras = Instant Gold.

Some I remember from my rookie year (1991):

"The contras haven't figured out which football field we're on!"

"Contras, are you on drugs?"

"Mrs. Riebock, scrape that garbage off the field..."

Ah, good ol' John.

Now look here....I'll claim at least 66% of those comments - on behalf of the section. :P