Phantom Regiment shows...

Phantom Regiment shows  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Which Phantom Regiment show drew you into the organization or activity?

• 2003 (I'm sure there are a lot of you!)
    • 1994 (My year! Anyone??)
    • Previous show listed below
  2. 2. Which Phantom Regiment show drew you into the activity or organization?

• 1958 and before (Jim Wren & Co!)

Seriously....someone answers "None" and people are getting upset? It's a valid answer. Not everyone was drawn into the activity by the Phantom Regiment.

Then I guess they should be reading another forum?

RM - :blink:

ampssuck

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously....someone answers "None" and people are getting upset? It's a valid answer. Not everyone was drawn into the activity by the Phantom Regiment.

Well, of course not.

It's just that...you know...the mature thing to do (if you were not drawn into the activity by Regiment) would have been to...

...you know...

...not post in this thread.

It's a simple matter of intention/function.

Perhaps you didn't intend to send a specific message with your post, but it functioned as a smarmy, snarky, ornery, obstreperous "diss."

I don't think it was the original poster's intent to suggest that all drum corps fans are fans because they were drawn into the activity by Phantom Regiment.

But then again...you knew that. You were just trying to rain on the parade.

No biggie. I certainly didn't mind your original post. I'm just replying because you asked a question.

Das ist alles. :)

Then why not ignore the thread all together and find something else to post on?

It is really interesting that 82 is way ahead of 81 as 82 was just the 81 show with some addons and a marching warmup.... kind of a first in its day.

I've enjoyed a lot of Phantom shows and I've been entertained by a lot of their shows, and definitely have a lot of respect for the organization.

However, I would say that I would honestly have to answer "none." None of their shows have drawn me into their organization like other corps have. And Phantom didn't draw me into the activity.

I will say that my first year truly getting into DCI was 2003. They had an amazing show, and I will say they were a part drawing me into the activity, but they're no more responsible than The Cavaliers, BD, SCV. or my very own Bluecoats.

Not knocking the regiment. Just saying that there are people out there who aren't in complete awe, and who were brought into the activity by other organizations.

I was an incoming freshman. My high school marching band was a terrible military band. The district hired a new director who would bring in a totally new style. Mr Dolkos (new director) sat a bunch of us down in front of a TV and said that this would be the kind of stuff we would do. He played a tape of the 83 Finals and the first corps we saw on the tape was Phantom doing Spartacus. I was completely blown away. Not only did I want to march drum corps, but I specifically wanted to march Regiment, period! End of Story! Fini! No Repeat Sign!

I lucked into my rookie year being 1989. Not only for the obvious, but for the fact that me and my bus partner Steve were the Kings of TV trivia and theme songs of the rookie bus! *flexes imaginary muscles*

never a big Phantom fan, but 81 and 82 were years ahead of its time. Wish they would bring that show back.

I was an incoming freshman. My high school marching band was a terrible military band. The district hired a new director who would bring in a totally new style. Mr Dolkos (new director) sat a bunch of us down in front of a TV and said that this would be the kind of stuff we would do. He played a tape of the 83 Finals and the first corps we saw on the tape was Phantom doing Spartacus. I was completely blown away. Not only did I want to march drum corps, but I specifically wanted to march Regiment, period! End of Story! Fini! No Repeat Sign!

I lucked into my rookie year being 1989. Not only for the obvious, but for the fact that me and my bus partner Steve were the Kings of TV trivia and theme songs of the rookie bus! *flexes imaginary muscles*

Coincidentally, 89 was the year that piqued my interest in Regiment. This was my first year of drum corps exposure--no live performances, just a grainy, over-the-air VHS tape of the PBS broadcast that was played mercilessly over and over again, till it was nearly un-viewable. After my first summer of marching, I was pretty much resigned to hang up my drum corps career. I wasn't planning on marching again with Sky and the other corps that I was interested in (with Regiment being at the top of the list) seemed too far away to be feasible. However, as I mentioned on a previous thread, talking to you and Peter during that fall season of ETSU marching band helped reel me back in. (You even showed me the uniform you'd managed to hang on to! How'd you manage that?) Once he mentioned that the corps was playing 1812, the baritone player in me practically salivated at the idea of playing that tune in a Regiment uniform.