Best 3rd Place Show?

1990 Star

HM: 1980 Bridgemen

Same here, no doubt. Count me in for 1990 Star. I'm still reeling. And 1980 Bridgemen seems a little goofy today, but they darn near won a championship with something that drum corps had never experienced before. My theory is the whole Civil War thing was done for the Southern crowd in Birmingham ("Dixie" nearly collapsed the stadium with applause). IMO, it was the weakest part of the show. "In the Stone" is my ALL TIME favorite drum corps chart!! (Old man/fart thing).

Edited by A27Lancer

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Madison 81. Present in the first, and only, corps show I saw until I joined a corps that fall.

HM Garfield 82. Just have to wonder what Zingali and Sylvester would/could have done if they had remained at 27th.

Different corps and philosophy. The whole Zingali/Sylvester thing in Garfield was a synergy that was simply a case of the right geniuses coming together at the right time.

My point: George and Marc decided to explore other opportunities with magnificent results. As did other members of 27th's staff. Woulda coulda shoulda is a fun game, but that's all it is.

(And nobody would have been happier to see 27th take a title more than me). :ramd:

Phantom 91

Star 1990

;oved it everytime I saw it - 1988 Blue Devils

HM - 1980 Bridgemen

Homer Vote...1991 Phantom

97 SCV