The Sound from Memph Town

WOW, ya know y'all should really think about what it is you are posting before you post it...

First -- directed primarily towards fella929 -- um, hi, welcome to DCP. while its nice that you are so eager to "defend the wronged", you should really step back and weight something before you throw it, otherwise you get knocked down. Knowing someone's history with a certain organization is a huge start before you bash and flame them for speaking their opinion, this is America, and while its a dwindling right, we still have the First Ammendment.

people are going to have varying opinions from yours, and that's just how the world turns, you have your right to a different opinion, however that doesn't give you the right to attack others for having said different.

Second -- directed towards noduttingoutloud -- I really don't even know how to respond to that comment. It's not a matter of just random adults going around and complaining about the state of a corps, but alumni being concerned about why a corps that they obviously care about and want to see do well has dropped in membership by about half over the course of a season.

Third -- pinkies -- well said, man. you obviously care about the corps, like so many on here, and want to see them do well. offering suggestions on how to remedey the concerns being expressed is very cool of you, major props from me on that one. I also see the Division change as a positive thing, more competition makes you stronger, and its obvious that Div III is going to be fiercely competitive this season.

Fourth -- LL and MHS -- your concerns are rightfully so, I myself was surprised in May when I went down at the numbers. yes, the large drop in membership is quite alarming, but do know that it is also a concern of many there. as far as "secrecy", I don't know, I haven't been around the organization long enough to know what it was like, my observations from the past are based on just that, observations from the outside. people like the two of you are crucial to organizations, strong alumni who care very deeply about their organization. please know as someone who was involved this season that the staff is concerned as well, but they are also trying to make the best of it so that the educational expirience of being at Memphis Sound is not lost, and from my standpoint they are doing a good job of it. I really wish I could still be there, but my physical well being and education had to take priority to my own desires, or I would be in Indiana sweating my butt off and making sure this last run-through before the big show was better than the run-through before. I have no doubt that the Division change is for the best, and rest assured that it was not only Memphis that made a change in Division status this year, our brothers at Oregon Crusaders also dropped a Division. I believe that the Division shift was done to keep the corps competitive and striving for a higher goal, to put it into perspective, in Division II there was less competition because of less corps fielding, moving down is going to put them in competition with more corps, and judging by some of the Division III scores I have seen, they are in for a good season, and I think that they will be able to compete and hopefully bring home the gold from Pasadena. thank you for being concerned alumni, if every organization had as strong alumni backing as I have seen from Memphis, I think we would all be better off. :)

Finally -- to the Memphis Sound -- all my best, good luck tonight you all. I know you'll do well, and I can't wait to see you all in Charleston. all the best of luck in the world, and much love.

901 GO MEMPHO!

*removed personal attack TS

Edited by Toby

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good post Danny.

~>conner

Thus spoke The King Of All Things Memphis Sound.

Sorry bucky, but you missed the point. Completely. When exactly did LancerLady march in Memphis Sound? Living in the same state does not constitute alumnus status.

There is not a correlation between having less members and organizational decline in one season. Over a prolonged period of time, yes. Not in one season, be real. Y'all

WOW, ya know y'all should really think about what it is you are posting before you post it...

First -- directed primarily towards fella929 -- um, hi, welcome to DCP. while its nice that you are so eager to "defend the wronged", you should really step back and weight something before you throw it, otherwise you get knocked down. Knowing someone's history with a certain organization is a huge start before you bash and flame them for speaking their opinion, this is America, and while its a dwindling right, we still have the First Ammendment.

people are going to have varying opinions from yours, and that's just how the world turns, you have your right to a different opinion, however that doesn't give you the right to attack others for having said different.

Second -- directed towards noduttingoutloud -- I really don't even know how to respond to that comment. It's not a matter of just random adults going around and complaining about the state of a corps, but alumni being concerned about why a corps that they obviously care about and want to see do well has dropped in membership by about half over the course of a season.

Third -- pinkies -- well said, man. you obviously care about the corps, like so many on here, and want to see them do well. offering suggestions on how to remedey the concerns being expressed is very cool of you, major props from me on that one. I also see the Division change as a positive thing, more competition makes you stronger, and its obvious that Div III is going to be fiercely competitive this season.

Fourth -- LL and MHS -- your concerns are rightfully so, I myself was surprised in May when I went down at the numbers. yes, the large drop in membership is quite alarming, but do know that it is also a concern of many there. as far as "secrecy", I don't know, I haven't been around the organization long enough to know what it was like, my observations from the past are based on just that, observations from the outside. people like the two of you are crucial to organizations, strong alumni who care very deeply about their organization. please know as someone who was involved this season that the staff is concerned as well, but they are also trying to make the best of it so that the educational expirience of being at Memphis Sound is not lost, and from my standpoint they are doing a good job of it. I really wish I could still be there, but my physical well being and education had to take priority to my own desires, or I would be in Indiana sweating my butt off and making sure this last run-through before the big show was better than the run-through before. I have no doubt that the Division change is for the best, and rest assured that it was not only Memphis that made a change in Division status this year, our brothers at Oregon Crusaders also dropped a Division. I believe that the Division shift was done to keep the corps competitive and striving for a higher goal, to put it into perspective, in Division II there was less competition because of less corps fielding, moving down is going to put them in competition with more corps, and judging by some of the Division III scores I have seen, they are in for a good season, and I think that they will be able to compete and hopefully bring home the gold from Pasadena. thank you for being concerned alumni, if every organization had as strong alumni backing as I have seen from Memphis, I think we would all be better off. :)

Finally -- to the Memphis Sound -- all my best, good luck tonight you all. I know you'll do well, and I can't wait to see you all in Charleston. all the best of luck in the world, and much love.

901 GO MEMPHO!

you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. MB3 was the predecessor to MS.

also, she as well as her husband, have also put their time and efforts in as volunteers at Memphis, so I would think that she has a little bit of room to be a concerned alumnae/volunteer.

Edited by DCIDanny

you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. MB3 was the predecessor to MS.

also, she as well as her husband, have also put their time and efforts in as volunteers at Memphis, so I would think that she has a little bit of room to be a concerned alumnae/volunteer.

Thanks for the well thought out intelligent post Danny. :laugh: You know we would've sponsored you, we were going to, but then I found out about your injury. :(

They see in my signature I was an Mb3 alumni and they should know the ties of the alumni to Memphis Sound. We want nothing but the best for them.

That gives her, or anyone else, the right to cast aspersions on the current administration?

Were it true concern she wouldn't have kept them to herself. Not post in a pubic forum as to shed negative light.

Thanks for shedding light on what I know and don't know. Y'all.

dude, point it to me in black and white something that is blatantly negative that she has said...she has been very supportive of the corps, she just wants to know why she has been ignored when she has tried to offer help, and I believe she has the right to know.

dude, point it to me in black and white something that is blatantly negative that she has said...she has been very supportive of the corps, she just wants to know why she has been ignored when she has tried to offer help, and I believe she has the right to know.

Don't worry about it, it's just not that important, I'm really trying to move on from it anyway. I have a one year old boy that needs my attention. :)