Drumline Colors

If boston had faded them from red (top) to black (bottom) they would have matched the uniform exactly.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe even black to red to black.

A couple things :

1. Phantom's new drums are hot... the colors are sweet!!!

2. Bluestars nice uniform and the drums look amazing with it... btw didn't they just switch from Ludwig/musser to Pearl/Adams

3. Crossmen have a new unifrom??? And the drums look nice!!

Champs13_jpg.jpg

Yeah, okay, not a drumcorps.

Boston's drums really match their uniform well which made me decide to share the Purdue drums because I think they really work well with our uniforms...

The drums with vents have a series of open slots around the drum that can be opened or closed to change the sound of the drums.

You mean the ones that collapsed in 03? I don't think they're using them...seen them up close, but I could have overlooked it, I wasn't on the lookout for it or anything.

As far as I know Phantom is the only Pearl line using carbonplys. Vanguard doesn't like them, and I don't know about the others.

no it's a different vent system. it's actually in the bearing edge ring. the ones in 03 were in the shell down by the bottom head.

I think SCV has the Randall May Acoustic EQ thing. It's out for the Yamaha drums, and I think SCV is testing it out for Pearl. You can check it out here:

http://www.randallmay.com/

I saw this and played around with it at NAMM a few years back, and it's AMAZING how sweet they sounded! Should be nice for a drumline like SCV!!

IMG_1717-02.jpg

It isnt medically normal to breathe through the nose...but it looks better.

Even if you need a breath through the mouth, you can mask it with performance, grit your teeth....works every time.

Is it just me or are BK's drums just totally the wrong shade of blue for their uniforms? They are great looking drums, and great looking uniforms, but they don't match.... Just an observation.

THOSE BOSTON DRUMS ARE ####### SWEET!!!!!!!!!

I'm usually kind of bored with boston's shows, even 2003, except for the closer, with all the spanish fantasy stuff, interesting writing that year. Last years was kind of a drag. They were my hot dog corps in madison.