Underwear Run Thru

The Kilties do "no-underwear" runs all the time, but only for shows b**bs

Favorite Kilties One Liner....

I was at a parade with another drum corps and Kilties were at the same parade....I believe it was in Waukegan, IL. We were lined up right ahead of them in the parade waiting to begin.

So I'm talking to a couple of friends of mine who are in the Kilties and a passerby shouts to one of them..."Hey, what are you wearing under your skirt?"

Without a moment's hesitation, my friend answers, "YOUR WIFE'S LIPSTICK!"

I stopped just short of having to change my shorts.

Favorite Kilties One Liner....

I was at a parade with another drum corps and Kilties were at the same parade....I believe it was in Waukegan, IL. We were lined up right ahead of them in the parade waiting to begin.

So I'm talking to a couple of friends of mine who are in the Kilties and a passerby shouts to one of them..."Hey, what are you wearing under your skirt?"

Without a moment's hesitation, my friend answers, "YOUR WIFE'S LIPSTICK!"

I stopped just short of having to change my shorts.

You owe me one IBM LCD Monitor and one keyboard. Unless the Diet Coke dries out later.

:spit: :spit: :spit:

St. Johns always had a "dress run" before world championships...the tradition stemmed from the corps all-girl origin, and involved everyone in the corps wearing women's clothing for a run through (I did my dress run in '98 wearing a halter top and mini-skirt, luckily it seems no pictures have surfaced). Also, for the Canadian Open night show the guys in the corps would wear bras under their uniforms.

Don't remind me. :)

What ?? What are you talking about ?? You mean, actually doing...umm, the show in our underwear ?? ...Never !!!! :doh:

~G~

I too don't remember anything remotely like this!

The best run through I was a part which I felt should have been done at least twice a year (but we only had time to do it once) was each section doing the show while the others sat in the stands.

It really made me appreciate even more the other sections of the corps and the feedback from some of the horns and drummers blew me away. They had heard we were pretty good and thought we looked during sectional but until they saw a full run thru they didn't realize how much was involved. They also felt that they missed so much with just one view.

In 79 or 80 again done only once, Zingali had us watch a video of our rehearsal - it was one of the weekends we used the N.E. Patriots field in Foxboro. It really does give you a new appreciation for the work that is put into a 13 minute show.

Don't remind me. :)

Ok, this was all harmless until Geoff got involved.

:D

the guys in the corps would wear bras under their uniforms.

So did you guys really wear ladies underwear under your uniforms for part of the season? :doh:

I knew Canadians were a little different... but dude....

:P

I've got a video of Bluegrass Brass' underwear runthrough at the Kentucky Horse Park in 1993. It was rather spontaneous and I'm sure the tenor drummer who decided his superman underoos were a good choice for that particular day is still coping with that runthrough.

There's just something cathartic with the u runthru.

Bridgemen were masters at this. I think they also had an alternate type of performance involving scrotum being displayed, too.

Who says drum corps isn't a class act?!?!

So did you guys really wear ladies underwear under your uniforms for part of the season? :doh:

I knew Canadians were a little different... but dude....

:P

No, the bras were just for finals night at the Canadian Open. :)