Underwear Run Thru

Marching a runthrough in your underwear? Something tells me IF this happened, which I'm not getting into, then it would most definately be reserved for times when next to no one was around to witness said event...but yeah, good luck getting people to admit to that one.

So did you guys really wear ladies underwear under your uniforms for part of the season? :doh:

I knew Canadians were a little different... but dude....

:P

Just one show.

Thank God.

No underwear runs, try as much clothing as possible. Nothing beats sweatshirts and sweatpants in Tennessee in July.

I would imagine you march(ed) Spartans. I still to this day don't understand that whole concept. I mean, we had to wear long sleeves and pants when we were in Canada in 2005, but only because there was a west nile epidemic or something along those lines. well, whatever the reason, I know the corps has it's reasons. I've talked to many people about it, but even the most reasonable explanation makes no sense to me, because I hate wearing sweatshirts in the winter, let alone the summer. hah.

yeah, we had one trumpet player, bobby (mellohorn13) who liked to crossdress on boxer buddy day instead of doing what the rest of us did. he also dressed as quailman one day. charlie poole took bobby's red cape and put it on, and after that we called him pope charlie. hope Madison figures out what to do with him this year. haha.

Thank God that this is not a tradition in DCA corps. :P

Thank God that this is not a tradition in DCA corps. :P

Oh THANKS, Brian...just what I need as I head off to sleep....the image of a bunch of old, fat guys in speedos!!!

Who's got the brain-scrubber????

Closest thing we ever had to that was the last run before finals in 84. We'd take our break and were getting ready, when suddenly the snare line comes out en masse wearing tube tops. Since we only had one girl in the snare line -- and thus only one person who actually looked GOOD in one of those things -- you get the idea...

I STILL haven't gotten the image of Robb Sirat's chest hair sticking out from the top AND bottom of the tube he was wearing out of my head!!

They put the "fug" in "fugly!"

St. Johns always had a "dress run" before world championships...the tradition stemmed from the corps all-girl origin, and involved everyone in the corps wearing women's clothing for a run through (I did my dress run in '98 wearing a halter top and mini-skirt, luckily it seems no pictures have surfaced). Also, for the Canadian Open night show the guys in the corps would wear bras under their uniforms.

Buddy, there are certain things that....forget it !!

Adam you want to see the pictures......before I put them on DCP ?? :P j/k

Edited by ODBC

What *I* want to know is where I can get a video of one of these so-called "underwear run-thrus"...

I bet it could make BIG bucks for the corps on the alternative market...

"Drum Corps Gone Wild"

:doh:

~chris riley

PS - Hey Moderators - I am NOT soliciting illegal materials - it was just a joke :P

When you think about how little was and is worn when it's 110 in the shade, it may as well be underwear.

We wore bathing suit tops with shorts much of the time. Especially in 1993/94 - the heat just felt hotter.... :huh: for us older members.

I was 34 but at first my arms felt like I was maybe 94.....

When you think about how little was and is worn when it's 110 in the shade, it may as well be underwear.

We wore bathing suit tops with shorts much of the time. Especially in 1993/94 - the heat just felt hotter.... :huh: for us older members.

I was 34 but at first my arms felt like I was maybe 94.....

But you looked like you were 24!!! :wub:

And still do, Lola!

I mean, we had to wear long sleeves and pants when we were in Canada in 2005, but only because there was a west nile epidemic or something along those lines.

Your staff bought into the hysteria, huh? West Nile came north into Ontario from the States, it was just a big story when it got here, hardly an epidemic.