new Bluecoats VIDEO

I'll look forward to seeing them at Stanford prior to Pasadena. Perhaps it's a show that can take them into the Top 3 (and show that last season wasn't a fluke)?

You know, and this isn't a diss on you beast, I don't know if they'll end of top 3, but the top 4 will sure be hellacious!

Too bad we didn't get to see much of the show, but what was there sounded great for June. I'm not even a drummer and the snare circle thing sounded pretty good. Probably just a warm-up so I sound pretty dumm even commenting on it. Details. A million and a half details.

EDIT: OK, just saw a video of Phantom's show. Granted, that's one corps that just doesn't know how to warm up leftovers in June, but it kind of left something to be desired. It's too early to pass judgment for sure, but if Blooo comes out smoking the door to the top 3 is open. And you guys know I'm pretty much going to name my children 'Phantom,' 'Regiment,' and 'SUTA.'

Of course, I was dissin' Faust's scores in June last year, too, and lookie how that turned out. Silly me. August is a long ways away.

Edited by silvertrombone

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG I want to see them live this year!!!!!!!! :worthy::doh::doh: ...except the closest show will probably be Murfeesboro, TN and I live in SE Missouri :(

does anyone have another way I can get this video?

Have you seen it yet? I saved it on my computer and COULD email it to you, but its 11,000 kb.

Does anyone know if there were any snares missing?? Well, the guys that were there sounded good. I'm really looking forward to their show after watching the video.

I never counted in the video but they are marching 9 snares, 5 tenors, and 5 basses this year. I believe 12 in the front ensemble.

Is it just me, or was that snare line ridiculously clean? And it's only mid-June? :doh:

I never counted in the video but they are marching 9 snares, 5 tenors, and 5 basses this year. I believe 12 in the front ensemble.

you are correct

hornline- 64... 50 of which are vets. 22 trumpets, 12 mellos, 12 bari's 6 euphs and 12 contra

guard- 41... 22 flag and 19 weapons- a few alternates

That totals 136 . . . not including the DMs.

?

Wouldn't be the first time we had more members on the field tha was allowed.

You know, and this isn't a diss on you beast, I don't know if they'll end of top 3, but the top 4 will sure be hellacious!

Too bad we didn't get to see much of the show, but what was there sounded great for June. I'm not even a drummer and the snare circle thing sounded pretty good. Probably just a warm-up so I sound pretty dumm even commenting on it. Details. A million and a half details.

Makes me feel #### good about buying tickets for Kalamazoo on 6/30. :)

I think they're gonna have to make a 2 1/2 place or something to fit all these great corps in the top 5