SCV Jonz 07

It's from when Ralph Hardimon was there back in the day. When the line marches from warmup to the gate, for example, they Jonz' it up! (march by 2's) I guess it was a nickname acknowledging the attitude or vibe the SCV lines are known for having, and it sort of stuck. Now, I guess they use it as a marketing tool as well. B)

It's from when Ralph Hardimon was there back in the day. When the line marches from warmup to the gate, for example, they Jonz' it up! (march by 2's) I guess it was a nickname acknowledging the attitude or vibe the SCV lines are known for having, and it sort of stuck. Now, I guess they use it as a marketing tool as well. B)

That, and it comes from the whole "keeping up with the jones" thing, since the SCV line is consistently ahead of the curve.

Edited by DanjrusMcRynky

Wasn't there a lot of SCV staff shouting "Go Jonz!" and such before the percussion feature in Young Person's Guide in 1981? I think that's the first time I heard the "Jonz" moniker.