DCPI Times kick off article

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

...Its not about having done this for 15 years or won 5 championships--its a lot more about heart and determination that gets you a title!

and a little luck, hey it's a live season, anything can happen on finals night. :P

Well now...all more the reason the win last year was sweet. 3-peat.....3-peat.....3-peat....

No Way... No Way... No Way... :)

It's gonna be reaaaaallllly interesting this season. Lots of new competitive Division II corps, who have experience in DCPI. The pressure is on for all spots. I think this will be even more fierce than last season over here in Division II land.

and Matt--kick some butt at Cascade! I won't be able to cheer for you until Allentown but the better you all do, the better my life will be (hint hint)! LOL

The Cascades should open with decent numbers I would say box 3-4 numbers, so 12-15's. The Visual Perfomance caption is stronger than last season. Marc Sylvester was impressed with how they moved last camp, and really applauded the teaching and instructional staff for a job well done. If you are using Cascades right now, you might get low generated scores, due to the fact they started out really low last season... but if you plan on using them in about 1.5 weeks, you might find yourself with a "nugget".

I am not saying this because I am on staff... But I know how the judging sheets work, and what things get rewarded for a job well done. I took Marc Sylvesters words very serious, as I value his education and training in the activity. And he spoke on behalf of all captions, including the color guard, which is WAAAAAAY UP from the past 2 seasons. Becca Sullens knows how to write "Musical" colorguard work.

Since I will see corps live, I will be able to base my captions on what I am seeing, who is judging what night, and the way their trends are going. I'll send updates here as well.

Thanks for your support of the Cascades, you will like this show. Stop by and say "hello" after the show, or if you see me at the show. I am the only black guy on staff... hahahaa

What makes the competition ever tougher is the fact that no matter how many corps there are in D2/3 only the top 6 in each make finals. So you have to be on you toes, or on the ball, your pick.

Sounds awesome Matt! getting excited to see it! been a Cascades fan for a few years! One of those corps I always want to break upward!

Ive had a distaste for the Cascades ever since 2000..... but thats probably just because we never beat them, and they pushed us down to 3rd.... we would have been 2nd!!! :sshh:

You missed MAPS... oh well, I wasn't very active in the pre-season festivities.

You missed MAPS... oh well, I wasn't very active in the pre-season festivities.

we will make it up to you--one thing I can promise is that pretty much every div I corps gets noticed at one point or another through the year in the Times and if you do well, well then extra attention!

Ive had a distaste for the Cascades ever since 2000..... but thats probably just because we never beat them, and they pushed us down to 3rd.... we would have been 2nd!!! :sshh:

So your distaste is not because of the quality of shows that the Cascades put out those years, it is because they placed better? hehehehe. Funny thing, Mandarins were behind Cascades in 2001, and then beat them at the end... So we know how that feels too!