With One Day Before the First Show

I have also had some negative feedback, been called names, told I was obviously less than intelligent, almost every comment made by Phantom alumni.

You might want to check around again, bub. It isn't *just* Regiment alumni calling you out. But then again, we've already decided you have a nice set of blinders that you're wearing, so...

Frankly, your post stank. To high heaven.

Most of your post was nothing but back-handed "compliments" and thinly veiled contempt masquerading as some grandiose concession speech.

Frankly, I hope you NEVER spend a dime at the Regiment booth again. I will gladly make up for any loss of income they will have to "suffer" through because of their inability to "win you over."

Sorry, Eric, I know you did your best and handled this with class, but this guy is just a jerk. A tiger can't change his stripes.

I think I'll do most of my Christmas shopping through the Regiment website this year. :P

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After sssing and hearing it, I think this is a winning show, but it'll have to be CLEANER than anyone else. I can't stand the co-ed dancing guard. Bring back the guards from 93 and 94. Not the artsy-fartsy stuff.

$1 to Phan for quoting my year!

What a tacky statement

Capital Regiment

7th Regiment

River City Regiment

I would say these corps all have more class than Phantom Regiment, especially after statments like the one quoted above.

You know, after all the other comments made since this one, I'm not even touching that.

Making snide comments about other corps, comments like the one above saying there is only one Regiment. I don't appreciate not acknowledging all the other corps with Regiment in the title.

Souvie people making rude comments about other corps. Also making fun of sexual orientation of other members of other corps.

Pretty rude, obnoxious, people involved there. Big reason I haven't spend a dime there since 05. I was hoping to end that this year, but with comments like Rapheal 18, I guess they won't see another cent this year either.

Go River City, 7th, Capital, Lake Eerie, and everyone else with Regiment in their name!!!!

Yeah, I've never heard Regiment called names, or any of its members/alum.

I'm also member number THREE.

Petty baseless argument, table of one? may have a friend joining shortly?

Wow, never noticed that! Hi, Jennifer!

If you're going to keep harping on this, then it is only fair that I keep repeating this:

Making assumptions about an entire organization, and by extension its members, support staff, alumni, and fans by the actions and/or comments of a few is not only tacky, but shows the lack of perspective that makes me suspect that you've got more than just a little axe to grind. If your ears and eyes were open, you would find examples of bad behaviour among the people involved in EVERY corps. It's an unfortunate reality of life and drum corps.

Let me put it in a way that perhaps you could understand.

If I were like you, I would judge your ENTIRE family by you. In other words, I would think them dolts and dullards. I would label your mom and dad as "not very bright." I would likewise do so for your siblings or your offspring. To carry it even further, I would think that anyone who is your friend shares your lack of perspective and would therefore, in my eyes, not be worthy of even recognizing. I'd probably extend that dislike to people you went to high school with, just for good measure.

Would ME judging your entire family and your friends based on what I think of YOU be fair?

Because frankly, I think you're a pretty ####-poor excuse for a human being with an axe to grind...over and over again. And over again.

We've all had bad experiences with members, alumni, staff, and volunteers of other corps. What a wonderful thing that most of us realise that the individual does not always speak for the organization. I am sorry that you had such a "nasty" experience...how CLASSY you are by then turning around and using the word "skank" instead of showing that moral high ground you keep pretending to stand on.

I'll leave you to wallow in your superiority.

!

You know the funny thing....you don't even have to leave DCP to find members corps other than Regiment bashing others. It's a cop-out excuse. But I AM glad you mentioned how much money Regiment potentially lost through you.

I'll be sure to spend extra at the souvie booth this year. Any other Buicks with me? :)

Agreed...and further, we need a Buick alumni t-shirt! Something all Buicks can wear with pride. A calling card or some sort.

Thoughts? Perhaps a different thread...

Can PR win this year? Duh. Their team is coming back again. They have Rennick and JD. Drums are never in the bag, but this is as close as it gets. Having the North Texas drumline follow one around helps. Their last two shows have been very good, and they now know each others' strengths. Didn't think the vid's I saw last week were impressive, but it wasn't b/c the kids couldn't march/play. Just typical bland June Regiment. It'll be great later in July/Aug.

Will they win? Obviously, I'm one of those arrogant snots who believes "There is no corps but Phantom!" Long season to go, though.

And please don't reply to this saying I'm part of the problem. I didn't say it is only my OPINION that PR is tops only b/c I am giving everyone credit for being able to see that in my writing.