With One Day Before the First Show

I think Regiment has had the talent to win for the last few years.

From what I understand....their issue (and someone correct me if I'm mistaken) is that they do a lot of re-writes on tour.

The shows start of slow...and then goest through a complete transformation by the end of the season.

I know that happens with every show...but I feel like I see more posters saying things like "Their show didnt do a thing for me when I saw them earlier this season...but now they're gelling and its night and day".

If they minimize changes before the season starts...they can clean clean clean....and add more fun stuff....like an opera curtain....

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's the point we're trying to make....its all perception.

Whether they have the best brass or not...people go along with the assumption that they do since they win so often.

And I never said the Cavaliers hornline was dominant...but people definitely give them a lot more respect now than they ever did in the mid 90s. Back then...all you ever heard about was the drumline and the visual program.

And with good reason! :sshh:

The scores may not translate into the dominance people ascribe to them, but there's no doubt that they're very good and light years beyond the 90s hornlines.

Ummm...

Hate to break up your magic tea party, but Albert Lo apparantely wasn't judging at Quarterfinals. Some guy named A.Cook was judging brass that evening. Here's the link.

P.S. I would like to also add - great post Eric!

Magic tea party?

Anyway, that recap is incorrect. Albert Lo was definitely the brass judge for DCI quarterfinals. In fact, none of those judges are correct, Andy Cook didn't even judge the last week.

Though dci.org has taken the scores down, the page is still cached on google. You should be able to view it here

I'm still wondering who is supposed to be the "cracked up brass judge"...

Great post, Eric.

And I hope it puts an end to his stuck button.

But I won't be betting on it.

Still....the biggest olive branch in the world has just been extended by a member of the organization. I sure hope he takes it.

Thanks Nick,

I usually don't get involved with this banter, but made this an exception. I will now retreat back to my marketing threads.

SUTA

Eric

[

tHERE IS NO WAY THAT THE JUDGES SCORED THEM too high LAST YEAR. wHAT A CROCK OF PATUEY THAT IS. tHEY EARNED EVERY STINKING POINT THEY GOT. tHERE PROGRAM WAS BETTER THAN THE cAVIES, BUT THE cAVIES JUST EXECTUTED BETTER ON VISUAL. quote name=Tom Brace' date='Jun 15 2007, 06:05 PM' post='1875515]

I will be looking forward to it. Love the Long Wong's!!!!!!

And of course a Kiltlifter or several as well.

Can Regiment take it all?

I’ve been asking myself that question for 30 plus years and until proven otherwise the answer remain no

Frankly, I don’t get it myself -78 kind of showed me something though

Making snide comments about other corps, comments like the one above saying there is only one Regiment. I don't appreciate not acknowledging all the other corps with Regiment in the title.

Souvie people making rude comments about other corps. Also making fun of sexual orientation of other members of other corps.

Pretty rude, obnoxious, people involved there. Big reason I haven't spend a dime there since 05. I was hoping to end that this year, but with comments like Rapheal 18, I guess they won't see another cent this year either.

Go River City, 7th, Capital, Lake Eerie, and everyone else with Regiment in their name!!!!

You left out kitten killers. :master:

I used to get worked up about your posts but not anymore. Heck, I smiled this time. I take them about as seriously as the tamtrums my youngest son gives when I don't let him get a lollypop out of the candy jar. (Which reminds me--I forgot 'steal candy from children' ...)

You left out kitten killers. :master:

I used to get worked up about your posts but not anymore. Heck, I smiled this time. I take them about as seriously as the tamtrums my youngest son gives when I don't let him get a lollypop out of the candy jar. (Which reminds me--I forgot 'steal candy from children' ...)

It's quite ironic that after all the constant complaining and the bickering about this issue....

...the guy hasn't responded to Eric's post, nor has he acknowledged two emails sent to him by Eric.

Which just solidifies my opinion that this guy was just grinding an axe. I mean, heck...one of the young ladies in question emailed him and apologised...she is very regretful of her actions, and cantgetenoughcorps actually acknowledged that in another thread...

...and then he started in on it again.

The guy's a joke, he's got no spine. If he were a real man he would have accepted her apology, acknowledged Eric's communications, and let the whole thing be settled amicably as has been tried. But he's not interested in that, it seems.

It's quite ironic that after all the constant complaining and the bickering about this issue....

...the guy hasn't responded to Eric's post, nor has he acknowledged two emails sent to him by Eric.

Which just solidifies my opinion that this guy was just grinding an axe. I mean, heck...one of the young ladies in question emailed him and apologised...she is very regretful of her actions, and cantgetenoughcorps actually acknowledged that in another thread...

The guy's a joke, he's got no spine. If he were a real man he would have accepted her apology, acknowledged Eric's communications, and let the whole thing be settled amicably as has been tried. But he's not interested in that, it seems.

still...it's what all corps struggle with...loudmouths <myself included> who represent, volunteer, or are just fans of one corps or another.

Generally, I'm guilty of not frosting a turd. If I'm wrong, I admit it and apologize, but not every corps out there is all "sunshine and light" every year. Still, I live by a couple of guidelines.

1. It's not about the marching members. I might criticize the show they've been given, the uniform that was designed for them etc. I may point out where their current abilities might be stretched too far or not enough. But, I would never call a marching member a derogatory name.

2. If I wouldn't say the same thing about a corps that I am a fan of, I won't say it about another corps. Hey, I've ripped corps when I was a fan. I believe fans can support by dissenting with management and the designers. They are not always right. They have an artistic vision, but I'm not forced to like it.

Still, I know you can't make everyone happy....you can't police every volunteer. If people can't get over a word or comment, then they are most likely not built of strong enough stock. Life's not all sweetness and light.

Back again hopefully for the last time on this thread. Yes, the young woman in question and apologized, and yes, I had planned on visiting the souvie booth once again this summer without mentioning who I was. If I saw any negative behavior in any way, I was never going to purchase from them again. If things were looking well, and I saw something I wanted, I was going to purchase it.

However, posts such as the ones from yourself and Raphael18 really turn my stomach once again. If you reread through this thread, the negative Phantom attitude is shown off as early as the sarcastic, nasty remark in post #11. And then when you add on post #33, saying there is only one Regiment, when there are still at least 3 other active corps with Regiment in their name, that is truly a lack of class.

And while I do appreciate the offer of a free 2007 tour shirt from the Phantom souvie booth, I am not going to take it, simply for the fact they can sell it to someone and make $15 for their corps. And while many members of PR have shown a lack of class, I know that I myself have also shown a little lack of class, but for a different reason. I want things to get better, and it looks like MAYBE, just maybe it has started. I have now personally heard from one of the souvie booth members, and Eric, who is I believe their marketing manager. Funny, an email to the corps 2 years ago was completely ignored, but when brought up on a public forum, you tend to get a lot of responses. I have also had some negative feedback, been called names, told I was obviously less than intelligent, almost every comment made by Phantom alumni.

ANYWAY-To the original topic........

I actually think Phantom could win the title this year. The judges were very impressed with their show last season, and the corps has shown steady improvement over the last 5-7 years, with the exception of the 05 production, which I thought was one of their weakest shows ever. I was very pleased with 06, and while as I have commented I thought it was probably a 4th place show from last year, I thought it was one of their best shows from Phantom in the last decade. I was actually kind of wanting to get the tour dvd from last year. I will get the chance to see them on Friday night, and am looking forward to seeing the show. I just don't know yet if I am going to be able to actually spend money on their souvie booth yet, but I guess we'll see Friday night. It will partially depend on the vybe I get from their souvie booth people.