VANGUARD! yell

I can't wait to see SCV's show July 6th in Buffalo!!!! :)

I'm amazed knowing I'm performing on the same field with them :laugh:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not entirely accurate....I only had about 4 signups from the BD guard side...don;t know about the SCV side, but there were coordination issues with instructing. guard and drums can't hide like horn players can if they don't know all the work.

The practical upshot is that the drum and guard were NOT uninvited (for teh record, I wanted drums and guard from the beginning), people signed up, but no one stepped forward to coordinate.

Sam,

We, SCV Alumni, had the Guard numbers, and 2-3 instructors by the Pavillion performance.

We were ready to go.

Even if BD had only one guard member they would have been welcomed.

Remember, we have done this before and for those few that are 'out of town' or need help between rehearsals, we teach by video.

I'm sending you a personal note.

Sam,

We, SCV Alumni, had the Guard numbers, and 2-3 instructors by the Pavillion performance.

We were ready to go.

Even if BD had only one guard member they would have been welcomed.

Remember, we have done this before and for those few that are 'out of town' or need help between rehearsals, we teach by video.

I'm sending you a personal note.

Haven't read the note yet (I'll look for it...) but remember i said I had no idea of the SCV numbers.

The decision wasn;t made by me...I wanted SOME representation from the guard AND teh drums....but I didn;t make teh call.

Hey Sam,

Note on the way...

Looks like I may not see you till August now.

I'll be at Finals too.

Maybe this year the "take it all, santa clara" yell will be back.

Dude! That totally makes me cry when I listen to 1989! (well...when I'm all alone and in the right frame of mind anyway :laugh: ).

I hope I get the opportunity to yell it in Pasadena! Woo-hoos!

To see SCV or Phantom on top would be a GREAT and refreshing change! :laugh:

GO SCV!!!

Mike-- where were you on Saturday and Sunday? :laugh: Off the top of my head at least two of your fellow '89 compadres (Raphael and Phillip) were in the SCV/BD AC line. It was great to watch Jim play the solo from Music of the Night during the combined A-/alumni corps performance on Sunday and judging from the crowd reaction both nights I think we did really well. The kids from both A-corps were stoked to be able to play with us; I can't wait for August when we do the big one!

Mike-- where were you on Saturday and Sunday? :laugh: Off the top of my head at least two of your fellow '89 compadres (Raphael and Phillip) were in the SCV/BD AC line. It was great to watch Jim play the solo from Music of the Night during the combined A-/alumni corps performance on Sunday and judging from the crowd reaction both nights I think we did really well. The kids from both A-corps were stoked to be able to play with us; I can't wait for August when we do the big one!

I was amazed at your son's ability to both hold up a K-80 euph that was about as big as he is AND to get a decent sound out of it!!

goin back on topic...

eureka.jpg

I think he is playing baritone, if that makes any difference.