Sad News

Bob Cameron, aka Flintstone, passed away suddenly while attending the show in Wildwood this weekend. Bob played baritone for Park City Pride and was a proud past member of the Connecticut Hurricanes and Conn Alumni. He was an avid participant and fan of this activity and will be deeply missed. My condolences to his family and loved ones on their loss.

OH MY GOD!!

i saw him and gave him a huge hug at the convention center. i had no clue this happened. :(

he has been a wonderful friend to me through the years.

After seeing Flintstone and getting a BIG HUG from him Saturday night, I can’t believe that he is gone. I was a visual guy with the Hurcs in ’04, kind of a re-building year after not making finals in ’03, Flintstone was a key factor in the corps making a come back in ’04. I’ve always enjoyed speaking with him and admired his dedication to the Hurcs. I will miss Flintstone and may he RIP. This is a SAD day.

I am shocked! just shocked. I have known Bobby since we both were associted with the Ct Classic's back in the 70's. He got back into drum corps at the end of the 90's , with the Hurcs, after taking time off for family and stuff... then actively retired to march with PCP and the Ct. Alumni, but always traveled and followed his beloved Hurricanes.

He was always laughing and was alot of fun to be with. He just called and sent me a birthday card last week, and we emailed each other on Friday about the show and if I was coming to Bpt in two weeks as he owed me some beer :) . When I would see him I always got that big bear hug, and the "Fred" laugh .. He was a good and caring friend and will be greatly missed. RIP Bobby.. We will miss you! Walk Proud!

Edited by hurcwave

My condolences to the Cameron & Hurc's families on 'Flintstone's' passing. I was just talking with '....Cakes' about the Hurc's other sad loss..........

Jimbalaya

What a shock and what a loss for drum corps ! Bob "Flinstone" was a unique man and seeing him on Saturday in Wildwood was great even if he lifted me off the ground when he gave me his customary bear hug ...... he always has a smile on and calls you brother . :) My sympathies to Bob's family at this time and may Flinstone "Walk Proud !" up in the big drum corps show in the sky.

It was a pleasure to know you Flinstone !

I did not know "Flintstone", great nickname, though. I love the bear hug stories.

It's always so sad when there's an opening in the "Here After" drum corps. My condolences to all his friends and family. I hope your love of him overcomes your grief soon.

For a drum corps guy. What a way to go - doing or watching what you love.

I'll raise a glass of my favorite at 9:00pm in your honor tonight, RIP Bob "Flinstone" Cameron.

Good bye, by Hurc Brother. We will sorely miss the "Fred yell" before our shows.

There's another Hurc :angel: up there tonight.

RIP, Bobby.

This is VERY SAD news. I enjoyed hanging with him at the Bugeler's Hall of Fame after party and we've been keeping in touch since then.

Rest in Peace Flinstone!!! I'll miss you!!!!

So sad!!!

Would he have been at Kelly's Saturday afternoon and yelled Yabba Dabba Doo across the room (I'm not trying to be offensive or anything of the type I'm just wondering).

RIP

Edited by BucsBuff