Why did/do we do it?

Everette,

Do it because there we want to yell and scream at your awesome performance! There will always be people that criticize the STARS for burning brightly.

Joe Kempenich

World Gone Mad 2006-Present

Gulf Coast Sound 2004-2005

St. Croix Rivermen 1979-1982

St. Paul Scouts 1975-1978.

P.S.

You guys looked great at TX Preview. You will be surprising people this year.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everette,

Do it because there we want to yell and scream at your awesome performance! There will always be people that criticize the STARS for burning brightly.

Joe Kempenich

World Gone Mad 2006-Present

Gulf Coast Sound 2004-2005

St. Croix Rivermen 1979-1982

St. Paul Scouts 1975-1978.

P.S.

You guys looked great at TX Preview. You will be surprising people this year.

Thanks :) It was really good to see y'all out there. Can't wait to perform for you guys on the field. Rock on!

For the goosebumps, for the trophies, and to keep the hinnie from taking up three plane seats.

Except that goosebumps and trophies are few and far between. Especially since there's no longer an A35 division in the south. Most times the only thing that keeps me going is that one show where things just come together. It doesn't matter who, what, or where you are, for that show, you are the champions. Even though the judges say you're in last place with a score of 98.6.

...a non-drum corps person once described it as a "magnificent declaration of music".

That may be about the best description I have heard of what drum corps is to me, and why I got hooked on it at a very early age.

...oh, and back on topic...

I march because I can. If I couldn't, I know I'd want to.

For the goosebumps, for the trophies, and to keep the hinnie from taking up three plane seats.

Except that goosebumps and trophies are few and far between. Especially since there's no longer an A35 division in the south. Most times the only thing that keeps me going is that one show where things just come together. It doesn't matter who, what, or where you are, for that show, you are the champions. Even though the judges say you're in last place with a score of 98.6.

Is that your score or body temp.?

There's just something about putting on that [uniform]. But not just the first time... everytime.

Indeed. I feel superhuman wearing the uniform. There's no other feeling like it.

But, that's not why I do drum corps.

For most of my life, drum corps has been my experience of God, of the divine. The We. The Unnamable. The I Am.

"I make films because I have to."

--George Lucas

I have to do drum corps. It is what I am.

Edited by FrontierEuph

There isn't just one reason as to why I marched, but here is a few I though of off the top of my head...

- The irreplaceable friends I made over the 7 seasons I was with the Caballeros.

- The Post.

- The music.

- When Fran Haring says, "From Hawthorne, NJ... The Hawthorne Caballeros" <insert crowd reaction here>

- Wildwood.

- Berger Bash.

Edited by judojop

For the chicks!

Ditto.

Well, and for hunky boys like Sean Glennon too. LOL!!!

^0^ ^0^ ^0^

I marched because I love to play. I also fell in love with the rush you fell when they announce your corps and the crowd goes nuts. I know the body will no longer allow me to march in a competitive corps although my mind still thinks I can do it. I dropped out of marching after the 1993 season and came back to do the Westshore alumni gig. A total of four rehearsals, time to bs with Fran :P and go lay down an incredible performance at the Forum, I love it!! Looking forward to next year already! It is such a rush to have everyone cheer for the performance you just laid down with the rest of the corps.