BD and SCV

Yep. No "F" tuning this year. they play a few minutes leading in to their show (the pit plays). A really nice setup.

I really like this show. The Pegasus drill in the beginning is very nice and the battery is just on fire.

I for one could care less about a show concept. I come to hear them play and march. I am not into all this theme, concept, etc... shows. Nothing against them at all. It's just, you don't need to have something complicated to entertain.

I think this show will be one of the crowd favorites by Finals. It has a dark, bad $ss feel to it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how this forum so gleefully praises the Vanguard and smashes down the Devils all the time. It seems like nobody even sees that they're 2 points higher than the Vanguard in direct competition. They're also sweeping them in music, percussion, and are nipping their heels in visual with a more difficult visual program. There's also the fact that the Vanguard supposedly haven't put a completed show on the field yet. I don't know if that's true, but it's what I understand to this point. The Devils have a complete and rather difficult show, and at the Walnut show tonight, they still won by over 2 points.

Fact is, the Devils get absolutely no respect on this forum and it's ridiculous considering they've been a Top 5 corps every year, and continue to put out quality shows. I will catch a lot of heat from this being that this is a very pro SCV forum, but I don't care at this point. Winged Victory is a very difficult and well executed show, and will more than likely be a top 3 show in Pasadena regardless of the mountains of negative comments it's received on this forum. Those kids are working their ***es off just as much as the kids performing "!", it's about time somebody shows some respect for what they're doing and not kick dirt on them because of some petty rivalry.

Have a good summer BD, I'm sure at least some people on this forum would like you to.

I love how this forum so gleefully praises the Vanguard and smashes down the Devils all the time. It seems like nobody even sees that they're 2 points higher than the Vanguard in direct competition. They're also sweeping them in music, percussion, and are nipping their heels in visual with a more difficult visual program. There's also the fact that the Vanguard supposedly haven't put a completed show on the field yet. I don't know if that's true, but it's what I understand to this point. The Devils have a complete and rather difficult show, and at the Walnut show tonight, they still won by over 2 points.

Fact is, the Devils get absolutely no respect on this forum and it's ridiculous considering they've been a Top 5 corps every year, and continue to put out quality shows. I will catch a lot of heat from this being that this is a very pro SCV forum, but I don't care at this point. Winged Victory is a very difficult and well executed show, and will more than likely be a top 3 show in Pasadena regardless of the mountains of negative comments it's received on this forum. Those kids are working their ***es off just as much as the kids performing "!", it's about time somebody shows some respect for what they're doing and not kick dirt on them because of some petty rivalry.

Have a good summer BD, I'm sure at least some people on this forum would like you to.

www.bluedevils.org/forums You won't find BD bashing there! ;)

besides... why would you want to listen to a bunch of bando's talk about their theory of west coast inflation?????

I mean COME ON!!! It's a Gott Dame Score!!!

SCV performed a complete show last night at Walnut; yes the closer is finally in. Perhaps it's not the ONLY reason in the drop in score, but performing the new closer for the first time definitely affected the way Vanguard scored tonight. You make it seem BD has been outscoring them at this margin for the past 5 shows, have you been following the shows and scores? SCV beat BD twice already (with an incomplete show however...). I say once they gain confidence with the new closer SCV will be gaining momentum all the way to finals.

This whole DCP is anti-BD is so tired. BD isn't hated here. I've been a member of this board for quite some time now and no one is anti-BD just for the sake of it. If they don't like BD for a particular reason, it's because they don't like the show they're performing, it's that simple. They express discontent with show design, music choices, visuals, etc... its not a hit against the entire organization. Every corps will have someone who doesn't like how the show is designed, some more than others. IMHO, BD hasn't been producing well-designed shows since 2000 (save '03) and I think many of us share that same sentiment.

And we're always cheering for the underdogs.. c'mon... PR a couple years back, SCV, the Scouts... perennials that we ALL want to see do well, it's nice to see them return in a big way.

Edited by just_another_fanatic

shows since 2000 (save '03) and I think many of us share that same sentiment.

And we're always cheering for the underdogs.. c'mon... PR a couple years back, SCV, the Scouts... perennials that we ALL want to see do well, it's nice to see them return in a big way.

i don't think the scouts have returned... at all.

I just really don't think they're making finals this year.

hey mr phantomcrown, im not going to 'flame you'... what surprises me more is that you take all these opinions of others soo persaonlly. no one is really trying to disrespecting bd. you have to admit that communication via these forums is absolutely horrible. i could say something like " silly silly ding dong crown glassmen floobady doo" and a month long depate will spur from it.... its impossible to tell how i said it! you just have to put what people say into context and know that these forums possess a weird communication gateway where ALOT IS SAID BUT NOT A LOT IS MEANT OR THOUGHT OUT. its virtually impossible to know exactly what people mean when they type things out here...

that being said, i love bd, i love vanguard. i think vanguards show has more potential regardless of the scores right now... this does not mean i hate bd, in fact tonight at walnut, i enjoyed bd's show way more than i enjoyed vanguards show! it was awesome!

..... because of some petty rivalry......

It's always been a rivalry, and with the championships being in California this year, the word "petty" might be something of an understatement. :P

So, how is your corps doing this year. I wonder how many people are glad to see your corps inactive this year....as if anyone would even have cared ???

~G~

Come on now G...his post was bad, yours is worse. Saying noone cares about a corps going inactive...I've never seen an Esperanza show in my life and i wish them the best.