bones

Are the flags they are using now Practice Flags or are they just solid flags that the design team now considers not good enough?

A friend of mine in the guard said they are just happy that they all have the same kind/color/type of silk. I had no idea they weren't using show flags however.

Hopefully they have them waiting for them in San Antonio for the regional if not sooner.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what's going on:

The show flags are ready, but the vendor would not release them to the corps until the bill was paid. One of the people on the staff used their credit card to pay for them and CAA wants to pay that person back. We are trying to collect the funds as quickly as possible so that this person can be paid back.

They are planning on using the flags this Sunday at Allentown.

If you like to donate to this great cause, please see instructions on our website.

http://www.crossmenalumni.net

and bump

CORRECTION!

I found out tonite that the flags will not be delivered in time for Sunday's performance.

Keep the checks coming!

what was the big crossmen surprise at allentown?

I'm not sure. They didn't unveil the flags. But, the guard did take their initial red/black uniforms off and revealed a very bright aqua blue uniform underneath.

I posted a review elsewhere, but I thought the corps has made some strides forward since the last time I saw them. Brass line has gotten a little louder.

The big surprise at Allentown unfortunately didn't happen. Was speaking to some staff and they couldn't get things worked out just in time.

I'm hoping it happens today at Hershey.

Great show Sunday! Loved the guard uni change; great impact. There are more surprises to come!! Can't wait.

A few folks stopped by the alumni tent in the park and dropped off checks for the flags, and people are contributing through PayPal and the PO Box as well. The vendor will be shipping them to the corps on tour sometime; I don't have an ETA.

Thank you for your support. We're getting there.

REPRESENT!!!

http://www.crossmenalumni.net

Edited by xbones7480