Drums on Parade-Friday in Madison

Any DCPers going? I will be there introducing my 11 and 9 year olds to Drum Corps. :) I also taking my 15 year old niece and 11 year old nephew. This will be there first drum corps experience and they are really excited. Hope to see some of you there.

Corps:

Madison Scouts

Cascades

Blue Stars

Southwind

Pioneer

Capital Sound

Minnesota Brass

Should be interesting to see who the best Corps in Wisconsin is (currently). Pretty sure it will be Cascades first show. Wonder how the Scouts have progressed this week. Blue Stars scoring in the high 60s will be a challange for the Scouts. My gut tells me Madison will have a good show.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be there and I fully believe that Blue Star will be ahead of the Scouts. I have seen both corps and Blue Star has a more complete and clean show. Scouts are entertaining from the minute they enter the field, but it just has a lack of something. I don't know what that is, but they aren't the top corps at this show.

Well the Scouts have had 4 practice days in between competitions so we shall see tomorrow how much work they did and hopefully it will keep going to this show. Also this show is were the first Madison Scouts APD comes out hope its their best show so far. Anyone going to watch the hornlines warmup?

My husband and I are going.

Does anyone else remember when Drums On Parade actually had a parade? B)

Edited by lnavis

My husband and I are going.

Does anyone else remember when Drums On Parade actually had a parade? B)

Not sure I remember the Parade. Dont know why, but I could swear DOP used to be in Sun Prairie? Could be wrong :laugh:

I will be there.

I will be there introducing my 11 and 9 year olds to Drum Corps. :) I also taking my 15 year old niece and 11 year old nephew. This will be there first drum corps experience and they are really excited.

I took my three sons to one or two shows a year after they hit about 10 years old and they watched the PBS broadcasts with me. The older two enjoyed it but never showed any interest in joining. My youngest was convinced after his first live show that he was going to march AND he is this year! It will be my first time to see one of my kids march in a DCI show this Friday!!!! ^OO^

I will be there.

I took my three sons to one or two shows a year after they hit about 10 years old and they watched the PBS broadcasts with me. The older two enjoyed it but never showed any interest in joining. My youngest was convinced after his first live show that he was going to march AND he is this year! It will be my first time to see one of my kids march in a DCI show this Friday!!!! ^OO^

How wonderful. Neither of my girls had any real interest. Maybe they were sick of mom and dad talking about it all the time! :laugh:

Not sure I remember the Parade. Dont know why, but I could swear DOP used to be in Sun Prairie? Could be wrong :laugh:

Not sure either, but I always thought it was at Mansfield Stadium. The parade used to go around the Capital square and only had drum corps in it.

(No horses!)

:worthy:

Edited by lnavis

Should be interesting to see who the best Corps in Wisconsin is (currently).

I'll be there.

Where is everyone meeting before the show? :laugh: :spit: :mmm: B)

I won't be able to go :angry2:

I hope people take lots of pictures though