Anaheim Kingsmen Alumni Corps

OT...I LOVE your sig! Can you make the rears sway back and forth in time? It would be so hip....

Crawing back into my cave now....

LOL Well, I suppose I could ... But if I was going to go to all the work of animating it, I'd just go ahead and have the whole line groovin' to In The Stone!!!

BTW, Thanks for the compliment on the pic!

Bill

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aproach everything with an open mind. Honestly, I don't like the 70s drum corps, because that is not what I'm used to. But, when you think about it, even though the 70s corps did not have as much money, glamour, or talented kids of today's lines, they still managed to add distinct touches and styles to their looks that continue as a source of pride into today.

There are some things that the 70s drum corps did, visual wise, like the double tuba flip, that would really look cool today, if there was more retrospection and idea pulling from the past. It may not have been the best executed at the time, when compared to today's standards, but some of those old moves could be polished. The key is to have an open mind, which many around here do not.

Respect the old, cherish the present, and look brightly toward the future.

I don't think our show is going to be as old school sounding as some may think or expect. Our drums are not old school that's for sure. We're playing the same type of Dynasty drums that all the other lines are using. And we're not going to be playing thirty two straight counts of back sticking like the real old schoolers did. Yes we will be doing some of the classic Kingsmen drum solos which so far have brought out cheers from our audiences. And, some of the music has been played in recent years by modern drum corps in both DCI and DCA. And the Contras are not those little things they first started using "back in the day" so don't be expecting to see any horn spinning.

Everyone involved from support to marching members has done this out of their own pockets just to have The Kingsmen back on the field for one glorious night in August. I hope all in attendance enjoy and appreciate the experience as much as we will.

Spectemur Agendo

Edited by AnaheimAlumni

That was pretty much the coolest thing ever.

I hope there is a video of this corps on youtube in the near future.

DCIHB:

I sense from your sig line that you are a Nor. Cal homer, thus nothing from So. Cal could ever meet your "standards." I do not know why you feel we are trying to "one up" any of the previous Alumni corps. Each did, as was mentioned, something different. For the KAC, we wanted to do what would honor the on field Kingsmen corps of the early to mid 70's. That's what this show is designed around. If there are some that don't like it, what can I say? I know you're in the "bay area" and all but, are you even going to semi's? I certainly hope you do and that you stay for our performance. I want you to personally witness what I believe will be the greatest crowd reaction in the history of DCI. Who knows, you might actually like something we do.

RM - open

ampssuck

Can't wait for Long Beach July 14th and Aug 8th.....what a dream....the video brought tears!!!

Wellllll nowwwww, I've seen the Bari and Sop charts, I've seen the drill sheets...

NOW I finally get to hear some of what will happen in the Rose Bowl. b**bs

And just in time to talk to some of the memebrs tomorrow on the way to Maryland. :)

So, impossible-to-keep-in-tune tympani, limited range (2 1/2 octave) marching keyboards that stifle 4-mallet technique, and valve-rotor horns so heavilly nickel-plated that you could use to beat snot out of a '53 Buick without any noticeable damage to the horn.

Boy, I can't wait ... :worthy:

Most of us are in our late 40's and early 50's. At our four-day camp we worked 9:00am to 10:00pm in 90+ degree weather. It wasn't a big deal when we were 17, but it is now considering our age. We're doing this for ourselves, as a celebration of the Kingsmen, and we're thankful DCI is giving us this opportunity.

We're so excited about it that no cynicism or sarcasm, which is common on Internet message boards, can dampen it. We're gonna give it everything we've got because it really is "so very hard to go".

Can't wait for Long Beach July 14th and Aug 8th.....what a dream....the video brought tears!!!

Felix my man! Good to see you on here! I think we are getting to the parking lot around 6. Come look for us.

RM - :P

ampssuck

Most of us are in our late 40's and early 50's. At our four-day camp we worked 9:00am to 10:00pm in 90+ degree weather. It wasn't a big deal when we were 17, but it is now considering our age. We're doing this for ourselves, as a celebration of the Kingsmen, and we're thankful DCI is giving us this opportunity.

We're so excited about it that no cynicism or sarcasm, which is common on Internet message boards, can dampen it. We're gonna give it everything we've got because it really is "so very hard to go".

We don't have tp apologize for anything. We are not trying to "win" anything. We already did that in 1972. We WILL peel the paint off the walls at The Rose Bowl with our big sound and the drum parts we are playing will turn some heads for sure. We are not just a bunch of "old people" going through the motions. We are people in our 40's 50's and some in our 60"s that are proud and honored to be Kingsmen and proud and honored that DCI has given us the opportunity to do this.

See you on the 50!

We don't have tp apologize for anything. We are not trying to "win" anything. We already did that in 1972. We WILL peel the paint off the walls at The Rose Bowl with our big sound and the drum parts we are playing will turn some heads for sure. We are not just a bunch of "old people" going through the motions. We are people in our 40's 50's and some in our 60"s that are proud and honored to be Kingsmen and proud and honored that DCI has given us the opportunity to do this.

See you on the 50!

At any rate, I'm very excited to see you guys.