Last Night's guard recaps

Vanguard beating Bloo in guard isn't anything new. I am anxious to see what Phantom is putting out there this year though.....especially weapon wise, since its been getting consistently better since 03.

It must put SCV's guard in good standing, as Bluecoats beat BD and Cavs guard tonight to take first place.

Elmo Blatch

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

in attempt to get this thread back on topic...

the guard scores from last night were

1) Phantom- 16.8

2) Crown- 16.4

3) Cadets-16.3

I saw all 3 of these corps at the Lexington show and honestly, I'm not surprised. The difficulty and amount of achievement in Phantom's guard is astounding. They still have much more work to add to their book, soo once its done, i bet that they will again have one of the top guards.

As for Crown, they have Jenifo (Jennifer Leseth) AND Rosie Miller(Queen) on their staff. These two women know their stuff and will make a GREAT colorguard.

Cadets=always good. Just dirty. Their trick flags are providing them difficulties.

1) At the Lexington show, there were 2 people that had to go to the front sideline during the opening flag hit b/c they couldnt get their silks out all the way

2) If the silks dont get in the pole all the way...there are 2 different colored silks out of the pole, resulting in a ruined effect.

But yah...all 3 of these colorguards are taught by some of the greatese minds in the Guard World. They will all have success this season...but my bet is that in the end, Phantom's guard will come out on top of Crown and Cadets.

And tonight Crown takes high Guard with a margin of .6 between them and Phantom. The only conclusion to be made about the rest of the season from this is that these corps are changing places nightly...and there's a lot more nights to be had.

in attempt to get this thread back on topic...

the guard scores from last night were

1) Phantom- 16.8

2) Crown- 16.4

3) Cadets-16.3

I saw all 3 of these corps at the Lexington show and honestly, I'm not surprised. The difficulty and amount of achievement in Phantom's guard is astounding. They still have much more work to add to their book, soo once its done, i bet that they will again have one of the top guards.

As for Crown, they have Jenifo (Jennifer Leseth) AND Rosie Miller(Queen) on their staff. These two women know their stuff and will make a GREAT colorguard.

Cadets=always good. Just dirty. Their trick flags are providing them difficulties.

1) At the Lexington show, there were 2 people that had to go to the front sideline during the opening flag hit b/c they couldnt get their silks out all the way

2) If the silks dont get in the pole all the way...there are 2 different colored silks out of the pole, resulting in a ruined effect.

But yah...all 3 of these colorguards are taught by some of the greatese minds in the Guard World. They will all have success this season...but my bet is that in the end, Phantom's guard will come out on top of Crown and Cadets.

i agree all of these guards are at the top of the activity right now, i disagree however about phantoms guard passing crown, i highly doubt crown is finished with their show either, they are just really really good this year!I mean really ridiculous! Its easy to get so caught up in them! I think they should have a shot at winning the guard award at dci. probably wont happen if the corps doesnt place high enough.As of now though the guard at crown scored a ...17.1 beating phantom and cadets by over half a point. this is the highest number handed out this year...in any caption! I believe from hearing an interview with jim coates on dci.org, the colorguard designer at crown, Michael Townsend, has had alot to do this year conceptually with the show, as well as the idea for the sweet title, he has been the driving force behind the colorguard for 5 years now, as well as writing some of the most musical books and sick weapon lines in dci, and wgi for that matter, with the likes of centergrove,avon, carmel...and adding jenifo and rosie to the mix makes for one clean ### guard!! they are both great technicians!!

But in the end i have no doubt crowns guard WILL be among the best at finals..regardless of the numbers handed out. crowns show is a must not miss!!! I have yet to see a guard this year that is more connected to the show concept from top to bottom costuming, character,emotion,excitment,humor, flags, motifs, story board, and kick### dancing and spinning...very equestrian!!

love them

Just throwing it out there, but at least 5 of Regiment's guard couldn't perform in the show because they were at the hospital getting looked over, and several others would at least be "sore the next day." Just saying that despite that kind of pre-chaos, Regiment stayed in there.

I completely agree with thx3838! There also winning the complete guard caption as of right now on DCP Scores/Stats...

Nice to note that in Kazoo Bloooo beat both BD and Cavies in guard...

yes thats true also..... seeing blue devils 7th in guard is quite the turn of events as well.... its nice to see guards from more underdog corps doing so well!!!

i agree all of these guards are at the top of the activity right now, i disagree however about phantoms guard passing crown, i highly doubt crown is finished with their show either, they are just really really good this year!I mean really ridiculous! Its easy to get so caught up in them! I think they should have a shot at winning the guard award at dci. probably wont happen if the corps doesnt place high enough.As of now though the guard at crown scored a ...17.1 beating phantom and cadets by over half a point. this is the highest number handed out this year...in any caption! I believe from hearing an interview with jim coates on dci.org, the colorguard designer at crown, Michael Townsend, has had alot to do this year conceptually with the show, as well as the idea for the sweet title, he has been the driving force behind the colorguard for 5 years now, as well as writing some of the most musical books and sick weapon lines in dci, and wgi for that matter, with the likes of centergrove,avon, carmel...and adding jenifo and rosie to the mix makes for one clean ### guard!! they are both great technicians!!

But in the end i have no doubt crowns guard WILL be among the best at finals..regardless of the numbers handed out. crowns show is a must not miss!!! I have yet to see a guard this year that is more connected to the show concept from top to bottom costuming, character,emotion,excitment,humor, flags, motifs, story board, and kick### dancing and spinning...very equestrian!!

love them

and jennifo and Rosie working that guard....they will be sick by August.

yes thats true also..... seeing blue devils 7th in guard is quite the turn of events as well.... its nice to see guards from more underdog corps doing so well!!!

Saw Blue Devils yesterday, not sure about the guard this year. The wings at the beginning are phenomenal, but then it kinda goes nowhere for me. I hope they can make some changes - I really thought last year's guard was incredible (in the same league as their '99 edition). Personally I think there's too much weapon and dance, not enough flag.

Later,

Mike

love them

absolutely, positively agreed!