How to cut down on trolling.

I bet it would cut down on the moderators jobs, if DCP made it a rule that members had to post pictures of avatars with real pictures or their real name in their signatures. Instead of a bunch of trollers who like to hide behind cartoon avatars and ridiculous names...lol. The cowards who hide behind their computer spewing bull crap is getting way out of hand.

What do you think?

I bet it would cut down on the moderators jobs, if DCP made it a rule that members had to post pictures of avatars with real pictures or their real name in their signatures. Instead of a bunch of trollers who like to hide behind cartoon avatars and ridiculous names...lol. The cowards who hide behind their computer spewing bull crap is getting way out of hand.

What do you think?

Amen sistah. Only cowards hide behind a screen name.

Amen sistah. Only cowards hide behind a screen name.

Of course your cartoon is cute! But I think you know what I mean.... :) :P

and how would ANY of that be verified? it could be a photo of joe schmoe and a totally bogus name....

and how would ANY of that be verified? it could be a photo of joe schmoe and a totally bogus name....

agreed. and i'd like to think of DCP as a place for great discussion, not a prision.

What do you think?

As somebody hiding behind a cartoon avatar and a ridiculous name, I think that's a terrible idea.

agreed. and i'd like to think of DCP as a place for great discussion, not a prision.

Please...I think you're exagerating what I mean just a BIT. :huh:

Yeah it CAN be a great place for great discussion but it sure seems like lately a LOT of trolls have come out.

I don't see why anyone would be ashamed to post their name at least.

Most people in drum corps world know who people are anyway, it's a small world in drum corps.

I still think people who hide behind the computer and feel "power" to spit out hate and troll against those they don't agree with are cowards.

Edited by Lancerlady

What about not responding to trolls. No fuel for the fire. Problem solved...

I've tried that one ALOT. Sometimes they just come out of the woodworks cause they don't like what you post, you know how that goes.

But I do have a question, is it still against guidelines to flame or troll?