share the wealth

I have been to 3 shows so far this year, and it's alarming to see the small amount of people buying at the souviner trailers, even from the big boys, much less from the smaller corps.

I now you paid for parking, I know you paid for your ticket, but if you don't buy a tshirt or something you are not helping the corps.

There is a lot of talk about costs this year, please help by buying something at the souvi trailer!

and donate a buck or two to the fuel program, as you know gas is $3.00 a gallon.

Edited by Suviduvi

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Corps fans do what they can. Just coming to a drum corps competition should be enough, since that can cost $$$ alone.

Souveniers aren't the only way people support drum corps. Other ways include:

1. Sponsoring a member ($2000+)

2. Joining the Booster Club

3. Volunteering (which, when you consider the time-off from work can really add up)

4. Attending drum and bugle corps competitions

5. Attending other fund-raising events for the corps

6. Giving care packages (forgot that one initially, thanks Shawn)

I know corps like the Vanguard are doing well on souveniers this season. I bought $200 worth already! b**bs

I'll buy more from other corps in Pasadena, I promise. :)

Edited by PeeWee

I know corps like the Vanguard are doing well on sounveniers this season. I bought $200 worth already! b**bs

what did you buy?

I really want a Vanguard track jacket but I won't be able to see them at all this year. Last time I checked their website they were sold out. Maybe its time to check again. I always buy something new if I go to a show.

I really want a Vanguard track jacket but I won't be able to see them at all this year. Last time I checked their website they were sold out. Maybe its time to check again. I always buy something new if I go to a show.

Yeah I want that track jacket too...... it's been sold out since last year ;o(

what did you buy?

Oh boy, do you really want to know? Umm...okay, let's see:

1. 3 pre-season CDs

2. 2 tour shirts

3. 2 40th Anniversay shirts

4. 2004 tour DVD

5. laptop tote bag

6. 3 kids t-shirts

...I can't remember what else :huh:

P.S. - I do buy from other corps as well :)

Yeah I want that track jacket too...... it's been sold out since last year ;o(

Yeah, unfortunately I didn't have the money to get one at finals so I thought I would try online and they've been sold out forever.

$200 cash is coming with me to allentown for this very purpose. i did my academy shopping already since they won't be there :P

I buy 1 t-shirt a year from the corps fielding my favorite show. 2005 was Phantom, 2006 Cavies..

Actually the last couple of shows have been soooo bitterly cold here in the Midwest, I'm surprised most souvies didn't sell out of their sweatshirts! I actually bought a Cap Sound sweatshirt for the ridiculously low price of $10 just to survive the evening in Oswego! When I asked Vanguard for one in Normal - they said they didn't bring any! (And were a mite sorry about that too!)

Usually I make the rounds, buy a button and plop in a few bills in the gas can. Every bit helps!

MAV