DCP POWER POLL

DCA OPEN CLASS (Unofficial as minimum # of votes not met)

Pl Corps Name Points 1st Plc LW

1 Buccaneers 70 (7) n/a

2 Caballeros 60 n/a

3 Empire Statesmen 51 n/a

4 Renegades 41 n/a

5 Bushwhackers 38 n/a

6 Minnesota Brass 35 n/a

7 Brigadiers 35 n/a

8 Hurricanes 23 n/a

9 Corpsvets 20 n/a

10 Kilties 3 n/a

Others Receiving Votes:

SoCal Dream, Frontier, Crusaders, River City Regiment

I dont want to sound like a chiding parent here, but I was really disappointed this week as I only recieved SEVEN ballots back from my DCA voters. The minimum I need to make the poll viable is 10, so this weeks poll is unofficial. DCA has some of the most passionate fans out there so I kinda expected my inbox to be smoking. We need to get this up to at least 10 next week or I will not include DCA, just Junior corps. That said it made for some interesting reading. Cabs took all the first place votes and Kilts just snuck in. Someone even voted for RCR!

Discuss...

Uh... Where exactly is this power poll? And how does one participate?

Popularity contest is what this should be called.

I didn't see your name down on my list of pollsters. Care to participate? To add something useful?

I thought not.

Uh... Where exactly is this power poll? And how does one participate?

There was a request for people to sign up to be a pollster for the Power Poll at the top of all the 3 major forums at DCP and they were pinned there for at least a week.

There was a request for people to sign up to be a pollster for the Power Poll at the top of all the 3 major forums at DCP and they were pinned there for at least a week.

Ah, so the window of opportunity has passed. My bad. Carry on...

Matt, thanks for the congrats on your signature. I just read it. You are totally a class act.

Cainan, statistically speaking your sample space needs to have at least 30 respondees to be statistically significant (central limit theorem, baby).

Cainan, statistically speaking your sample space needs to have at least 30 respondees to be statistically significant (central limit theorem, baby).

THANK YOU, SMOOTHY!!!

of course, you have to assume a gaussian distribution.

:ph34r:

If everyone got this concept, we might have a lot different view of the media-skewed world.

Rock on Governaires!, very much looking forward to seeing you guys again in Rochester.

I would seriously welcome 30 in each division but as it stands I couldnt even get 10 to send in ballots this week. I have over 30 in each division that have swore up and down that they will faithfully send in their ballots each week. Wanna know what I received this week?

Div1 - 19

Div2 - 10

DCA - 7

Believe me, I want this poll to be statistically significant but what am I to do? I cant chase each and every person down who said they would vote and force a ballot out of them. So in the mean time I am afraid this is the best we got.

Matt, thanks for the congrats on your signature. I just read it. You are totally a class act.

Central Limit Theorem. Classic. I can't tell you how many times I have tried to explain that to somebody and they looked at me like I was out of my mind. Instantly transported me back 15 years to my Econ Statistical Analysis Class.

Thanks for the memories! lol.