Favorite Cadets Shows

Vote for *ALL* of your favorite shows - may choose multiple selections in each decade  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Cadets of the 1980s

• 1980 - One Voice/Fernando's Fantasy
    • 1981 - Adventures in Time
    • 1982 - Piano Concerto in F
    • 1983 - Rocky Point Holiday/Bernstein's Mass
    • 1984 - West Side Story
    • 1985 - Jeremiah/Candide
    • 1986 - Waterfront/Wonderful Town
    • 1987 - Appalachian Spring
    • 1988 - Copland Symphony #3
    • 1989 - Les Miserables
    • None
  2. 2. Cadets of the 1990s

• 1990 - Bernstein Celebration
    • 1991 - ABCs of Modern Music
    • 1992 - To Tame the Perilous Skies
    • 1993 - In the Spring/Kings go to War
    • 1994 - West Side Story- Hot and Cool to Go
    • 1995 - American Quintet
    • 1996 - The American West
    • 1997 - Celebration-Year of the Dragon
    • 1998 - Stonehenge
    • 1999 - The Big Apple
    • None
  3. 3. Cadets of the 2000s

• 2000 - We Are the Future (Millenium)
    • 2001 - Juxtaperformance
    • 2002 - American Revival
    • 2003 - Our Favorite Things
    • 2004 - Living With the Past
    • 2005 - The Zone
    • 2006 - Through the Looking Glass
    • 2007 - This I Believe
    • None

With apologies to GMichael - I redesigned his poll based on comments made from others. Thought this might offer a more balanced representation. Could be a fun thing to do for other corps too.

Apologies if the show names are not quite right.

EDIT: Ha- ha. I see Hrothgar beat me by a little bit! Guess we're inundated with Cadets show polls now.

EDIT: Added options for NONE

Edited by JustABandMom

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

With apologies to GMichael - I redesigned his poll based on comments made from others. Thought this might offer a more balanced representation. Could be a fun thing to do for other corps too.

Apologies if the show names are not quite right.

EDIT: Ha- ha. I see Hrothgar beat me by a little bit! Guess we're inundated with Cadets show polls now.

Now this is excellent.

My votes were for 1985, 1992, 2001, 2003, 2005 and 2007.... yes I put 2007 even though I would consider myself a pretty big narration dis-liker. This just can't help from being one of my favorite Cadets shows... if not THE favorite. I have never been more impressed with a corps than when I saw this show live. I mean, if I ask myself if I want to hear and see true, honest , hardcore drum corps, there really isn't a show that does it better. The show has it all... it just has some other things too. While the 2007 show would probably be the one I would want to most watch if I was by myself, I find it extremely difficult to show to non-drum corps people. Whenever I have shown this show to drum corps newbies, ALL of them have had some kind of a negative reaction. They either thought it was stupid, annoying or even worse they might say "well I thought drum corps was awesome until I saw this..." Those aren't exact words, but some have said something very similar. I can get past the narration because I love drum corps so much. Others can't, and this is honestly my biggest problem with narration. I can take it or leave it (would rather leave it), but others can't stand it, so why have it? I take it upon myself to promote this activity as much as I possibly can... get as many people to see videos, come to live shows etc... as I can. It just sucks that I can't show them one of my very favorite shows, one with probably the best musical and visual performance ever, for fear that it might turn them off to the activity.

Interesting that 2005 is currently in second place and that 2007 is in the top 1/3rd of all these shows.

Maybe narration doesn't make as much of a difference as some think.

Oh yes, you are absolutely right, the majority of folks love narrationa nd its just a handfull of naysayers that disagree. :smile:

This poll is fun, no apologies needed. And the narration aspect doesnt come into play as there is a choice where you can happily vote for shows with and without, my poll was simple: Do you like shows with narration better than shows without ? you have to make a choice, so far the results are one sided, albeit miiniscule, This poll doesnt cover the same ground.

Geoffrey

Voted: 1984, 1998, 2000

Oh yes, you are absolutely right, the majority of folks love narrationa nd its just a handfull of naysayers that disagree. :smile:

This poll is fun, no apologies needed. And the narration aspect doesnt come into play as there is a choice where you can happily vote for shows with and without, my poll was simple: Do you like shows with narration better than shows without ? you have to make a choice, so far the results are one sided, albeit miiniscule, This poll doesnt cover the same ground.

Geoffrey

Voted: 1984, 1998, 2000

That isn't what your poll said. Your poll said do you prefer The Cadets from 1982-2004 or 2005-2007.

I actually suspect you would have gotten "better" (meaning the results you were looking for) if you HAD said "do you prefer shows with narration or without" instead of making it all about The Cadets.

Well 2000 seems to be the leader of the pack which is great because it is my favorite show ever.

I also voted for 2007 even though I had a strong strong dislike for that particular narrative. (I thought 2006 was much sillier narration-wise) but #### that 2007 show was HOT! Awesome music...awesome drill and awesome performers. It's hard to deny how good they were.

...and really that really shows that most people that hate narration don't hold it against the kids themselves because alot of people liked what THEY were doing musically for the most part.

87, 92 and 97 for us...

Mike