"Star of Indiana Situation"?

forgive me for my ignorance, but what is the:

I will just list where I think DCI went wrong:

1. The Star of Indiana situation

i read the star of indiana page on drum corps wiki and i think i have an idea, but i would like to hear what others think/say it is?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*puts on his wading boots*

hah yea i have a feeling this is going to cause a #### storm, but i tried asking in that thread, and nothing happend.

*puts on his wading boots*

put on wading her boots :-)...maybe start with "star alumni" and march backwards...keep marching...back in time...might take 3 clicks...or more :-)

edit; good golly, type "star united" and click away :smile:

Edited by lindap

I'll play.

People associated with the Star of Indiana Drum and Bugle Corps formed a group called Blast! after performing for a year with the Canadian Brass. I think they were in Branson, MO for awhile and then....

Blast! went kind of worldwide including a lengthy stint in London and Broadway. I believe Blast! still performs on the road and I understand has had a lucrative run and as a benefit has introduced many people to this thing called drum and bugle corps.

There...that can be said can it not?

By the way...there was that deal with Bill Cook and a certain Midwestern drum corps who cast a family member of his as an alternate. Story goes...that's what motivated Mr. Cook to put together his own drum corps. Could be urban myth, but that's the gist of the story as I understand it.

There's a couple of nuggets for you.

<always stirring the pot>

I'll play.

People associated with the Star of Indiana Drum and Bugle Corps formed a group called Blast! after performing for a year with the Canadian Brass. I think they were in Branson, MO for awhile and then....

Blast! went kind of worldwide including a lengthy stint in London and Broadway. I believe Blast! still performs on the road and I understand has had a lucrative run and as a benefit has introduced many people to this thing called drum and bugle corps.

There...that can be said can it not?

By the way...there was that deal with Bill Cook and a certain Midwestern drum corps who cast a family member of his as an alternate. Story goes...that's what motivated Mr. Cook to put together his own drum corps. Could be urban myth, but that's the gist of the story as I understand it.

There's a couple of nuggets for you.

<always stirring the pot>

similar to alberta all girls...like a parallel universe...stuff happens...single gender corps understand each other...logically, I understand your post.

as a performer, advocate of drum corps in the past and present...logically?, most times i speak from my heart

it's tough appreciating art and science all the time; this is my life and on a daily basis.

now you know, the logic and creative in one person...thanks Tom

thanks for helping me find me, sincerely

That sounds familiar.....I think Cook's son aged out with Colts.....who were run by Jim Mason at the time...any Star people to confirm that?

That sounds familiar.....I think Cook's son aged out with Colts.....who were run by Jim Mason at the time...any Star people to confirm that?

I believe that's confirmed in one of the vignettes on the Legacy DVDs... I wanna say like 89 or 90.

i knew they went to blast, is that what made people so mad?

no im not trying to start anything or trolling. legit question