Are there famous people in drum corps?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:P

Sorry . . .

No, because everyone who's ever marched goes on to live a life of arthritis, poor brass technique, lack of social restraint, nudism, eventual parenting of children conceived on busses, vulgarity, and complaining about how everything used to be. Corps people are generally shunned by society (especially the music world), the suicide rate is exceptionally high (studies have shown it being as high as 35%!), and it's very rare for a FMM to even find employment.

Rumor has it that some governments are collaborating to move all former members of drum corps to an island in the South Pacific, so as to effectively quarantine what is considered to be a "cultural nuscience." Unfortunate, really. :(

Rumor has it that some governments are collaborating to move all former members of drum corps to an island in the South Pacific, so as to effectively quarantine what is considered to be a "cultural nuscience." Unfortunate, really. :(

"DCA - Hawaii" has a certain ring to it....

No, because everyone who's ever marched goes on to live a life of arthritis, poor brass technique, lack of social restraint, nudism, eventual parenting of children conceived on busses, vulgarity, and complaining about how everything used to be. Corps people are generally shunned by society (especially the music world), the suicide rate is exceptionally high (studies have shown it being as high as 35%!), and it's very rare for a FMM to even find employment.

OMG Jared that's one of the funniest things I've read around here in a looonnnnggg time..

You should get some sort of award.. or something.

Stef

I'll have officially changed it (from english ed, which it is now) tomorrow, actually.

Still not sure how to relate it to journalism without having to make the 15 minute drive to the FAMU journalism school, but I'll figure it out. Over 300 majors here, but no journalism within the english department? Bah.

Finals in Hawaii = :)

edit - heh, thanks Stef. I'll settle for the textual applause, but if anyone on here feels like giving me anything...

Edited by Jared_mello

English Ed. is bad news anyway...

(English Ed. major... :P )

I actually just picked it after I switched out of music so that I could stay in my dorm (music/education), which is currently the nicest on campus. I didn't intend on sticking with it, but its admittedly been a pretty interesting semester. Not what I want to wind up setting myself up for in life, though.

Off topic thread until it's closed? Yes please, why not. :laugh:

I actually just picked it after I switched out of music so that I could stay in my dorm (music/education), which is currently the nicest on campus. I didn't intend on sticking with it, but its admittedly been a pretty interesting semester. Not what I want to wind up setting myself up for in life, though.

Off topic thread until it's closed? Yes please, why not. :laugh:

Hey, I feel your pain.

After I did my student teaching, I got out of school... and immediately realized that was my major was pretty much not what I envisioned doing four years previous, nor was it what I wanted to do for the rest of my days. Too many friends in the education field (and that's in both Music Ed. an Eng. Ed) that I had seen graduate before me complained about feeling burnt out, uninspired and not "giving it their all". It does make me realize that those that are in the teaching field for the long haul are truly amazing people, though.

Cue up a few Microsoft, IBM and Cisco certifications... and now I'm employed in the IT field.

Not that the major didn't hone a lot of my writing and editing chops...which is useful in some of the techincal writing I'm forced into occasionally here.

You're one of the more insightful and level-headed posters here; best of luck to wherever you find yourself going. I'm just glad you figured it out before you got the diploma in your hand. :P

literally pulled something laughing at this one. Jeez... didja ever laugh so hard you tweeked your body? man I need to work out.