Esperanza

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"They" have stated they will be active in 2007 and announced the date of the San Diego show for 2007, which will be late in the season since Finals are in Pasadena. They have not announced the 2007 show. Most, if not all staff will not be returning. No mention yet of new staff. Many kids are not returning, however, some are, seeing this as an opportunity for DM or Horn Cap'n, etc. openings.

I saw they had a recruiting booth at the Mt. Carmel Field Show (biggest Marching Band field show in San Diego), with decent traffic most of the time I saw it. I peeked in and saw they are having a combined auditions/brass and percussion workshop in mid January.

Based on what I saw, looks like they intend to field a corps with no problems in 2007!

peeked in and saw they are having a combined auditions/brass and percussion workshop in mid January.

Why so late? Div 1 corps are on their second or third camp by then, already starting the show. If they have any hope of fielding a corps why start workshops in january?

Why so late? Div 1 corps are on their second or third camp by then, already starting the show. If they have any hope of fielding a corps why start workshops in january?

You are right. The other So Cal corps (PC, Impulse, VK) are having auditions in Nov and Dec. Also BD and SCV are having auditions in So Cal in Nov and Dec. So if I want to march I may want to go to these auditions. Then if I don't make it I would be available in January to go to auditions then.

I hope everything at Esperanza is OK for next year. Go E!!!

Just for the record, PC auditions have always been mid January. Only this year have they made their auditions coincide with the last weekend of the December workshops.

(If anyone is interested, Pacific Crest has a myspace page and on it you will find details of the 2007 show design and dates for worksops and auditions, which are in december. PC is starting earlier this year and you can even go to their website and see their schedule.)

Here is their site:

www.myspace.com/pacificcrest or www.pacific-crest.org

I saw they had a recruiting booth at the Mt. Carmel Field Show (biggest Marching Band field show in San Diego)

Not to get caught up in semantics, but the Mt. Carmel Field Show is definitely not the "biggest marching band field show in San Diego." Perhaps it was in the past, but not this year. The Vista tournament, for one, has around 30 bands, while MC had mabe 24 or 25.