The man on the field, smiling and wearing the T-shirt... has been involved with many corps through the years, as a performer, instructor, and administrator.

CT Hurricanes, Bridgemen, Heat Wave... to name a few.

A decision he made while with Heat Wave from Florida helped change DCA history, IMO. Stay tuned for that answer. LOL.

In 1997, this man made the decision to bring Heat Wave north to compete in DCA's first-ever Class A championship show.

That decision... by the first true Deep South corps to come to the championship... (yes, I know Yankee Rebels were considered a "Southern corps" for many years, but then again, Steel City Ambassadors from Pittsburgh were considered a "Western corps"....LOL)... opened new frontiers for DCA.

Minnesota Brass had been the "MIdwestern pioneer" for DCA, along with occasional forays by others (Chicago Connection, Boys/Spirit of '76, Chicago Vanguard for several years, among others)... but the South was, for all intents and purposes, barren territory. Until Heat Wave in 1997.

Heat Wave's decision opened the door for corps from Atlanta, North Carolina, Tennessee, etc... and others from Florida.

And then came more corps from the Midwest (Kilties, Govenaires, Chops, and so forth) and the West (S.F. Renegades, SoCal Dream, Bayou City Blues, etc.).

DCA has never looked back.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1

Thinking of that too Ray... only time we would see Nanci face to face was Ro-cha-cha....

• Like 1

I know she's quite busy at hone....

AND We used to see Nanci in Harrisburg! When there was a SIB.... :unhappy: (unhappy that it's gone)

• Like 3

great seeing many of you at DCA - I had a blast hanging out with Kidsgrove Scouts...

Freddie Farkle enjoy the show? I only saw him at Mini Corps

• Like 1

great seeing many of you at DCA - I had a blast hanging out with Kidsgrove Scouts...

Freddie Farkle enjoy the show? I only saw him at Mini Corps

It was GREAT seeing you Friday evening! Donna was thrilled to meet a Drum Corps super star! (That's what Freddy calls you. Don't let that go to your head, he calls Andyroo the same thing for taking him to Hawaii. :laugh: ) Though Freddy got to see WAY more countries than either Steve OR I have traveling with you!

Freddy never shut up about me keeping him in his travel home most of the weekend... (my "Freddy" back pack)

What? He can still hear everything, it's not like chickens have great eyesight! :shutup:

Bob Fitzpatrick (Steel City and Reilly Baritone) brought Freddy over to visit with Steel City so Hairbear can get a few pics of his (Steve) kid (Freddy) with his Corps... LOL

Ten Tux,

Sorry to have missed you at Rochester.

How about posting another photo?

FD

Yeah, same here Frank. Sorry we missed each other in Rochester!

ALSO, Sorry.... As soon as I can figure out what's up with my PhotoBucket.... Not letting me copy the links to the photos. ;-)

Edited by TennTux

OK.... Lets see if it's working....

Hint: 9/4/2015 (should be a very easy one so I'll ask the same thing our Queen asks. How about some clues / stories before naming this GIANT with in our beloved activity?)

9-4-15%20Mini%20Corps_Raymond%20Fudge01.

Photo: Ray Fudge