'The Beat Goes On” historic drum corps recordings

no... no one can dispute the contributions of Fleetwood and Drum Corps News... both Ray Samora and Dick Blake were great to work with...

As a snot nosed (rather precocious) teenager in drum corps, I actually managed to maintain a local drum corps weekly radio show in Central New York during much of the 60's. Fleetwood provided almost every album they made to me at no cost. Fond memories.

Not too long before I got married in 1969, the owner of the radio station turned me into a morning drive time disc jockey... You never know what you might get because of drum corps.

well you didn't become Howard Stern LOL

no... no one can dispute the contributions of Fleetwood and Drum Corps News... both Ray Samora and Dick Blake were great to work with...

As a snot nosed (rather precocious) teenager in drum corps, I actually managed to maintain a local drum corps weekly radio show in Central New York during much of the 60's. Fleetwood provided almost every album they made to me at no cost. Fond memories.

Not too long before I got married in 1969, the owner of the radio station turned me into a morning drive time disc jockey... You never know what you might get because of drum corps.

you were just to cheap to buy the albums........LOL

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

you were just to cheap to buy the albums........LOL

yup... actually too broke... I'd have bought them if I had had any money... but started with nothing, am ending with nothing but had a ball in between...

• Like 1

yup... actually too broke... I'd have bought them if I had had any money... but started with nothing, am ending with nothing but had a ball in between...

join the club. those medical co pay's have drained me dry. but yup i had a great time in between.

join the club. those medical co pay's have drained me dry. but yup i had a great time in between.

I spent most of my money on wine, women and drum corps........the rest I wasted.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Not too much of it is drum corps yet, but I've begun hosting some extremely rare tracks ....if you play a G Bugle you'll appreciate most if not all of what I've posted so far....I usually host music temporarily and add links/suggestions that my readers/listeners download the music via iTunes or Amazon if they enjoyed the track and that they support the corps/band/ensemble by any means possible, but some of this stuff...

...the people and the groups are long gone...little or none of it is digitized....

...so these tracks can be:

a)published by me -OR-

b)not at all...it can just sit on an old 50GB hard drive waiting to rot

c)where would the $ go? to whom?

d)Some of it is the intellectual property of yours truly.... so what to do? I password protected it.

the password verifies that you've been around this forum a long time

...and that you'll appreciate the rare music I'm hosting, posting and compiling.

threewords. alllowercasenospaces. 10 chars total:

"ist___pt__m"

got it?

The Vault at Tapper7.com - more rare tracks coming soon.

if you haven't been around that long...PM me your credentials and ill send the pswd....(cmon though...it's pretty obvious) n00bs there is lots of drum corps history, links and music for you to enjoy on the public side of Tapper7.com - and (as always) more coming soon.

&heart -Tapper

• 3 weeks later...

Always liked DCN, pretty straight up, unafraid, unabashed. Still remember Mike and the guys reading some of the articles out loud on the corps bus. Especially when there was the falling out with one of the DCA member corps with DCN around 82-83 and all they;d say was....

"(name of town the corps was based in) was there and scored a 46.35", or whatever score it was for that contest.

I know if you watch the 1980 Bridgemen video, you'll see their photog at Birmingham in some of the shots. :)

I try to be one part Fred Mowbray, one part DCN, and one part me when I write. Don't know if the combination always works.

I did snag 82 and 83 DCA CD's off someone a couple of years back, not bad digital copies.

Something I have tried for years to get are:

1 - (BS) "Golden Knights Senior Corps. Two shows I remember being in were Exhibition at the "1975 Dream", in Jersey City. AND Prelims at for DCA Championships in Rochester.

2 - 1976 "NYC Skyliners" at any show that year. Would like Video with Sound.

3 - 1966 St. Lucy's Cadets. Any show that year.

Edited by 2B or not 2B