First show in existence for Coastal Surge, and a great debut! Congrats to the organization, staff, and kids!

Edited by Lead

First scored show, that is. Surge appeared in exhibition in three shows in 2013 (Kalamazoo, Pittsburgh, and Jackson).

I see that 2 judges who were in Manchester also judged the same captions at this show and it appears they were spoken to because there numbers DROPPED 1.1 to as many as 3 points ( as is the case with Stentors Visual Analysis Score). If a judge cannot manage the numbers from show to show why are they judging? In a couple of cases the judges even dropped them into a lower box criteria in Pa than in Nh as box 4 is a min 14 (7.0-7.0) What message does this send to all these hard working performers, are the groups getting better as the year proceeds or are they worse from week to week?

BTW, for future reference, Johnsonburg's Zip: 15870. These things I know because of my job.

And Jim is correct, that paper mill, dear Lord, the stank! Westshore did an exhibition there and practice in the early 80's....

If I lived with Mom and Dad still, I'da went up. but a bit too far from H-Burg.

And yes the Johnsonburg Diplomats were a staple of the old Red Carpet Assocation and I think last appeared at DCA championships in 1978- saw them there at prelims.

Edited by BigW

BTW, for future reference, Johnsonburg's Zip: 15870. These things I know because of my job.

Thanks. Google Maps says 15870 is Wilcox. Maybe that's why DCI chose to list nothing at all?

Paper Mill pumping out the funky smoke eh... figures... wonder if Hammermill still stinks up parts of the Erie area...

And same zip codes: Camp Hill and Shiremanstown. Both not that big but not quite next to each other. And each has their own Post Office....

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1