The DCI 990s

Looking at just the DCI 990 will be a much shorter study and will likely be of interest to the greatest number.

It will allow a little more granularity if desired, and it will move a little slower along to better allow comments.

Don't think of it as a fall course of study; rather, it's a summer catch up course for a needed elective.

I think there's some meat on the bone in that first post, if anyone wants to take a stab at 'splainin' what those numbers seem to be telling.

ALL TOGETHER NOW!

!! REVENUE - EXPENSE = NET PROFIT (LOSS)

Net Assets are what's owned minus what's owed.

Beuhler?

Looking at just the DCI 990 will be a much shorter study and will likely be of interest to the greatest number.

It will allow a little more granularity if desired, and it will move a little slower along to better allow comments.

Don't think of it as a fall course of study; rather, it's a summer catch up course for a needed elective.

I'd rather think of it as being a simulacrum for a course in my major, thank you.

Looks like there was moderate growth in both revenue and expenses over the period, with a bump in revenue in 2011 that settled in 2012. This led to a mild increase in assets at the end of the period. Am I close? :smile:

Gar...do you entertain questions as well?

He seems nice enough to take even the non entertaining questions, so feel free to fire away, Horn Teacher. But if you like his answer, you are hereby requested to do a 10 second moonwalk for us.

Looks like there was moderate growth in both revenue and expenses over the period, with a bump in revenue in 2011 that settled in 2012. This led to a mild increase in assets at the end of the period. Am I close? :smile:

Well, I see revenue up $921m over the four years listed. That's 10.7% total or about 3.6% per year revenue growth.

The jump in revenue in 2011 was a 10% gain from the prior year. But the decline in '12 took back a little more than 2% of that.

I also see this was the first revenue decline in three prior seasons. It's not huge, but revenue growth had been, at least, existent in the prior three years.

Then...

I see that the expenses grew 12.5% over the four years, or by about $1,065,000 and by about $140m more than revenue.

Expenses grew by $550m during the great revenue jump from 2010 to 2011, or about 60% of the revenue jump. But then expenses kept going up even while revenue faltered, and grew another $174m from 2011.

Remember that "expenses" to DCI is more than just running the organization.

Edited by garfield