$5 Drum Corps Show

BIG BUMP...................:thumbup:

First, I applaud you for keeping this topic alive. However, the Barnum Festival has not made any effort to promote this event, same as past years. This was their crown jewel in decades past, but Bridgeport was a major drum corps town back then. A packed stadium, whether Hedges or Kennedy, was the norm back then. NO advertising of this great event at the $5.00 for any seat in the house have I seen. The Barnum committee seems to be relying on word of mouth rather than taking real steps to promote this show. I hope I'm wrong, but if they aren't more pro-active expect the same 2,500 crowd estimate.

thanks I'm trying to do my part .I asked someone in the know why no advertising ,they told me they didn't have enough money in the budget for it, go figure

thanks I'm trying to do my part .I asked someone in the know why no advertising ,they told me they didn't have enough money in the budget for it, go figure

Hey Jerry ... I applaud your efforts to get the word out ... one of the advantages the Barnum has over many other orgs that run dc shows is their army of volunteers ... like you're doing on DCP, they should be flooding the local airwaves via free community bulletins and be hopping on every social media available to make the general population aware of the $5 ticket to one very entertaining night ... and they should push the "free" kid aspect of the event ... it's not rocket science ... and this is one of the times where "if they hold it for five-bucks, they will come" ... c'mon Barnum ... get Ace Holleran on WICC, WEBE 108, STAR 99, Channel 8, Cablevision 12 and really do a media blitz ...

Andy "I'll even do a radio spot for them" Lisko

Hey Jerry ... I applaud your efforts to get the word out ... one of the advantages the Barnum has over many other orgs that run dc shows is their army of volunteers ... like you're doing on DCP, they should be flooding the local airwaves via free community bulletins and be hopping on every social media available to make the general population aware of the $5 ticket to one very entertaining night ... and they should push the "free" kid aspect of the event ... it's not rocket science ... and this is one of the times where "if they hold it for five-bucks, they will come" ... c'mon Barnum ... get Ace Holleran on WICC, WEBE 108, STAR 99, Channel 8, Cablevision 12 and really do a media blitz ...

Andy "I'll even do a radio spot for them" Lisko

What Andy said. Ace and Andy on the air promoting the show!!! :thumbup:

BIG BUMP..............:tongue:

• 2 weeks later...

STILL ONLY $5 ,:thumbup:

I'm sure there will be a local push these next two weeks in Bridgeport, but let's still applaud a sponsor for daring to do something different to put fanny's in the seats.

great job Barnum people

From the official flyer, I see that a family of five gets to see one of the best competition/exhibition shows of the year for just $10.00......that's 20-cents per corps per family member..... certainly worth my BUMP.

Joe