$5 Drum Corps Show

parking is free its the towing that going to cost you.................just kidding

Okay, here's where I tick off everybody from Connecticut...

We're in Bridgeport guys!!! You don't have to worry about towing fees!! The only thing you have to concern yourself with is finding your car in the parking lot after the show.

Just be sure you can identify every individual piece of your car, because the chopshop down the street will give it back to you - but only if you can identify every single piece.

Hey Andy I got yer back fender... right here!!!

I thought it was going to be $5 to get into the show......

And $20 to get out....

If it was Washington.DC that would be $50 to get directions back to the beltway. (Loooong story.....)

I thought it was going to be $5 to get into the show......

And $20 to get out....

If it was Washington.DC that would be $50 to get directions back to the beltway. (Loooong story.....)

If the show was in Washington, DC the ticket price would be as follows :

$0.00 if you you are a Federal Government Employee showing employer ID

$4.00 if you are a resident of Washington, DC showing proof of residency

$2.00 any child under 12 that can show evidence of pat down at any US airport security the last 12 months.

$20.00 for everyone else ( plus city tax, state tax, fed. tax, sales tax, stadium tax, carrying charge, non resident alien tax, tourist tax, for the final ticket total of.... ka ching , ka ching.....$57.23 )

Edited by BRASSO

If the show was in Washington, DC the ticket price would be as follows :

$0.00 if you you are a Federal Government Employee showing employer ID

And your ### in trouble with the Security Group for using your ID in public. :rock:

Hey Andy I got yer back fender... right here!!!

Actually, Jim, there's a story behind my comment. Many years ago, when I lived and worked in Connecticut, my car was stolen in Hartford. A couple of days later I got a call from the Bridgeport Police telling me that they had recovered my car and it was still drivable. My wife drove me down to pick it up and it was drivable, except that three out of the four doors were missing. So I don't think you've got my fender, but you may very well have my right rear door.

Anyway, I drove it home like that (and got stopped twice, primarily because one of the missing doors was the driver's door).

You didn't compete against the B'port PAL Cadets did you... :devil:

My Wash, DC story was coming out of RFK Stadium (Rolling Stones - go figure) and getting separated from the other car in our group. That is, the car with the one person who knew how to get out of DC. Followed bunch of other cars until we rolled down the window and found out no one knew where they were either. By then it's 11:45PM, I'm too low on gas to drive 120 miles home and not sure when the gas stations close. Go back to a station I saw and asked directions. Guy pumped my gas and gave me correct if scarey directions to the beltway (drive up the access road with all the construction - perfect spot for a hijack).

Then he hit me up for $5 because he was homeless..... wish I had slipped him a 20 as the directions were spot on. And he was the most courtious SOB I dealt with all day when forking out money.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Okay ... let's get back on track ... it will be a wonderful day in Bridgeport watching all the corps rehearse at Seaside Park and then a lovely evening at Kennedy Stadium watching all those hours of work in competition ... and the $5 admission price will surly attract fans whpo wotherwise wouldn't attend ...

July 2nd ... try to make it if you're in the area ...

:-)

Edited by ajlisko
  • Like 1

Okay, here's where I tick off everybody from Connecticut...

We're in Bridgeport guys!!! You don't have to worry about towing fees!! The only thing you have to concern yourself with is finding your car in the parking lot after the show.

Just be sure you can identify every individual piece of your car, because the chopshop down the street will give it back to you - but only if you can identify every single piece.

One year when we were done performing Gary lost his Vette. I had gotten a spot inside the lot, but he got there late as he'd stayed to get everyone out of the shower & lock up, and was parked on a street somewhere in the vicinity. I was in a panic because, well, exactly your logic above....and it wasn't a beater car...Fortunately he did exactly what I said, he LOST the Vette. It was still all in one piece when located in the light of day. :rolleyes:

Back on track like Andy said ,will be a great show in Bridgeport :thumbup:

Back on track like Andy said ,will be a great show in Bridgeport :thumbup:

Absolutely agree.

And for only five dollars' admission. That is amazing.

• Like 1