SCV snares sound

Have seen SCV twice in last week and attended a rehearsal and heard the same sentiment. ..cant hèar the snares..hands are moving but only hear gacks..thoughts? ?

Have seen SCV twice in last week and attended a rehearsal and heard the same sentiment. ..cant hèar the snares..hands are moving but only hear gacks..thoughts? ?

I have no idea what you guys are talking about...Can someone post a audio or video link for me to compare these things?...for a non-drummer...gack seems such a funny term...haha

Their tuning does seem different this year. Not as good as previous years. It's amazing that they had such a great sound even though they still use DieNasty drums.

Their tuning does seem different this year. Not as good as previous years. It's amazing that they had such a great sound even though they still use DieNasty drums.

I keep fantasizing about that tasty line playing on those tasty Mapex drums. That would be extra-tasty!

But, for now, the DieNasty drums are a sponsorship obligation.

• Like 1

SCV Quads though. Those things sound magnificent.

I agree on the snares though. They're kind of lost this year. Too cranked, in my opinion. They really speak when the heads are able to resonate.

Edited by tamadrummer04

When I was at their rehearsal I was 7 rows up on the fourty, when the opening hit came the snares dissapeared when the horn line cranked. I wasnt 30 yards away,, same thing at Allentown,, Bluecoats, BD, and even Phantom cut like crazy, Cadets just play to many notes for clarity from a distance

" ...Cadets just play too many notes for clarity from a distance..."

Need to add your comment to the "percussion field judge" thread.