Carolina Crown 2017

Concerning a vocalist...I think all it will take is the right song and the right singer.   Can't feel stuck on top either, has gotta be organic in its composition and how it's woven into the brass. 

I think Klesch is the right man for the job IMO.  If anyone can make it work in a way that appeals to the masses it is him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, corpsband said:

Well hello theref 

ps. being able to embed videos with a start time is AWESOME

pps.  Wow they were good that year.  So easy to forget.

Loved the music and energy but the visuals were not there. I think had they used the new uniforms with some color and contrast, it would have worked better for me. Surprised they didn't get blasted for that. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Loved the music and energy but the visuals were not there. I think had they used the new uniforms with some color and contrast, it would have worked better for me. Surprised they didn't get blasted for that. 

I think they did get "blasted" for it in GEV, CG and VA.  Personally I thought the monochromatic look was really oool and in many ways a bold choice.   But you could certainly argue it was an easy target (and therefore a design error -- don't ever give them an easy target).  

• Like 1

That was the one thing I didn't like about that show.  It was something I understood in terms of the show concept but it for me didn't translate beyond a visual whitewash.  

And, I will attempt to say it in a nice way...the Drumline in that show makes their 2015 and 2016 lines sound like high percussion winners.  They have come a LONG way since that year.  

That said the front portion of the show up to the ballad is some of my favorite in recent memory.  Mellos are God like, love that lick that would again show up in 2013.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

This may have been said before but I just wasn't around to see it, but I noticed a funny similarity yesterday. When Star used Medea in 93 they got the bronze. When Crown did it this year they also got the bronze. Maybe Medeas Vengeance this whole time was 3rd place.... :blink:

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, johnpendell said:

This may have been said before but I just wasn't around to see it, but I noticed a funny similarity yesterday. When Star used Medea in 93 they got the bronze. When Crown did it this year they also got the bronze. Maybe Medeas Vengeance this whole time was 3rd place.... :blink:

Star of Indiana was 2nd in 1993.  

Cadets played it in 13, and they came 3rd

• Like 1