Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

I said that to Jim when watching the YouTube!  

I keep re-watching the video and seeing new stuff. I just can't fathom how they did all of this with 1.5 rehearsal days + doing a BlueWay camp for 160 kids. I guess this is where the talent level starts kicking in...

• Like 3

Just now, superOOk said:

I keep re-watching the video and seeing new stuff. I just can't fathom how they did all of this with 1.5 rehearsal days + doing a BlueWay camp for 160 kids. I guess this is where the talent level starts kicking in...

We said that, too!  1 1/2 days?  They're sponges.  They soak it all in.  That's pure talent.  

• Like 3

All that's left for this show is fireworks behind the stage at the last chord.

curosel2big.jpg

Edited by superOOk
  • Like 3

Just now, oldbandguy said:

Veteran heavy corps have such a huge advantage...especially when they have the designers and instructors to take advantage of it. 

Yeah, this is all kinda new to us old Bloo farts. I've never seen such acceleration of the show like this. Where will be in 3 weeks?!

• Like 4

Man that ending is such an adrenaline rush!  Love the changes!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Reed said:

Man that ending is such an adrenaline rush!  Love the changes!

Yeah, it's amazing that it all starts 2 minutes prior. Because they don't let off the pedal now, during the ending it is part adrenaline, part exhaustion. By the time the end rolls around, my hands, legs, everything is tense watching those Tubas and Euphs run off that stage, and that last chord resolution. Phew

krabs_rag3do.jpg

Edited by superOOk
  • Like 2

The only change I don't like is the end of the Psathas. Previously, when the snares and quads would trade fours into the marimbas playing the descending line, it felt really natural, like a buildup and release. Now, it feels too protracted; it seems too obvious that they needed to fill another bar or two to fit the visuals they wanted in the brass. In addition, while I like that the Psathas now goes straight into the Zappa, the end of the Psathas sounds too synthetic, making the Zappa feel "hollow" or "empty", even though the brass are playing tutti and loud. There's a balance to be had, and I don't think they've quite hit it yet. I trust Tom, Doug, and Vince to massage it into place, it just doesn't feel smooth yet. 

RIP concert euph, I for one always liked you.