2017 Anticipation Thread

9 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I feel like Bluecoats have been proving the previous year wasn't a fluke for 3 years now.  

Yeah you're right but Crown had the same kind of thing going on they were hovering around top three then they won in '13 and haven't won since. The question is whether bluecoats will be able to have another show which is in title contention.

Most anticipated for me? SCV. 50th anniversary. I really have high hopes for them after last year's show too. 

Least anticipated corps in world class? Bluecoats. I cannot get into their show from last year, and I dread seeing its effects on other corps' shows. I thought Tilt was fantastic, and Kinetic Noise was pretty good, but I worry the direction their design team is headed. 

1 hour ago, jimthetuba said:

Yeah you're right but Crown had the same kind of thing going on they were hovering around top three then they won in '13 and haven't won since. The question is whether bluecoats will be able to have another show which is in title contention.

In terms of a title yes I agree.  I don't think not winning denotes a bad season or makes a title a fluke though.  

Edited by DrumManTx

Ok, heres my two cents...:dozingoff:

I dont see Bloo winning a title anytime soon.  They have really learned a style that fans and judges really enjoy, and instead of ditching that style they managed to keep it going which is impressive.  With "To Look for America" they showed what they could be.  You could definitely feel how electronics were integrated into the show, and more importantly- were integrated well.  You could tell though they didnt really settle into their style yet.  Then Tilt came, and really showed what Bloo could do.  Then, they followed with Kinetic Noise.  Kinetic Noise by far is my favorite Bloo show in the last few years, the complexity with the chords and the way the show was written was extremely complex.  Every second of that show was enjoyable for me.  Then came Down Side up, which was by FAR my least favorite of "New Bloo" (someone please put that on a T shirt).  The uniforms were a bit of a mess and nothing really worked for me visually.  Full exposure (I need to put this in the unpopular opinions thread) the ramps were not used to their full potential.  I feel they could have done alot more with them.  I will say one thing though- that show grooves SOOO hard.  I often find myself humming the melodies of the solos. And Im not a battery guy, but the drumline has one of the most musical groovy books Ive heard.  So to bring this full circle, I think 2017 Bloo will be what weve seen for the last three years.  Ideally we will be seeing something closer to 2014 or 2015 than 2016.  I dont see Bloo winning anytime soon, there is just too much competition coming out of Crown, SCV, BD and Pioneer that I dont see them winning.  

Edited by BoaDci
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, shofmon88 said:

Most anticipated for me? SCV. 50th anniversary. I really have high hopes for them after last year's show too. 

Least anticipated corps in world class? Bluecoats. I cannot get into their show from last year, and I dread seeing its effects on other corps' shows. I thought Tilt was fantastic, and Kinetic Noise was pretty good, but I worry the direction their design team is headed. 

Wait. You're in Australia, right?  Can't get into Downside Up?  Doesn't take a genius to figure out the paradox there now, does it Mate?

• Like 1