Alright, now that we have discussed RCM..........

Let's talk about Shostakovich Symphony #12.

IMO, this production is amazing musically, I find myself likening it to "The Canyon" in some ways.

When, and I stress WHEN RCM delivers as it will (drill is stable), this show will go down as one of the best musically maybe since '99 SCV for me.

Discuss.

I had my first listen to the symphony back in the winter, and had many evil grins on my face as a result, imaging how SCV would come out and kick ### with this piece.

MUCH better than Shost. #10 imo.

When, and I stress WHEN RCM delivers as it will (drill is stable), this show will go down as one of the best musically maybe since '99 SCV for me.

Until the drill and vis stuff get's taken care of, it won't go down as anything.... As great as the music is, the package is everything... But I have faith...

GO SCV!

Maybe you missed where I mentioned "musically"?

Maybe you missed where I mentioned "musically"?

Nope, didn't miss it... I just think that even as good as the music is, a bad placement at nats will kill the way this show is remembered... IMO

Nope, didn't miss it... I just think that even as good as the music is, a bad placement at nats will kill the way this show is remembered... IMO

Please...Placements are not everything. Some of my favorite shows: '88 VK (Eighth place), '03 Spirit (Twelfth place), '92 VK (Tenth place), '92 Vanguard (Seventh place), '90 Bluecoats (Eighth place)....you get the point. I think the competitive aspect of drumcorps is focused on too much. Just enjoy the shows...

That being said, I want SCV to take another championship!! :)

Please...Placements are not everything.  Some of my favorite shows: '88 VK (Eighth place), '03 Spirit (Twelfth place), '92 VK (Tenth place), '92 Vanguard (Seventh place), '90 Bluecoats (Eighth place)....you get the point.  I think the competitive aspect of drumcorps is focused on too much.  Just enjoy the shows...

That being said, I want SCV to take another championship!! :)

Well said, it's always been about what plays well in my CD/DVD players that determines what I watch/listen to, not where that particular show placed.

It only took a couple of minutes into my first listen of the APD for me to know that this was the best music book on the field this year! Time to cue it up on the ol' iPod.... :blink:

Edited by Machine

It only took a couple of minutes into my first listen of the APD for me to know that this was the best music book on the field this year!  Time to cue it up on the ol' iPod.... :blink:

Gadget's review of SCV's Pleasant Hill APD

• 1 month later...
Let's talk about Shostakovich Symphony #12.

IMO, this production is amazing musically, I find myself likening it to "The Canyon" in some ways.

Discuss.

Finals night 2005, this came to fruition

30,000 people can't be wrong. :rolleyes: