Less "Yowza" tonight?

I don't see the problem with it....when JSU did "Ghost Train" they'd have a guy yell "All aboard for whatever-town-we-are-in-at-the-time" at the start of the show.

Eventually they changed it to actually yell the NAME of the town, and not the phrase "whatever-town-we-are-in-at-the-time", as that seemed to be a bit too cumbersome.     

Well constructed joke, Mike!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue Devil's show is easily the most difficult on the field. And it is one of their most innovatively designed shows.

"Innovation" only implies novelty. Just because something is new and/or different doesn't necessarily make it any better. And difficulty doesn't necessarily win championships. It helps, but who are we trying to kid? There've been times in the past when BD won with what I thought was a less difficult show than those of one or two other corps they beat. I just hope that in '06, the Blue Devils decide to perform a drum & bugle corps show, not a WGI show.

I've seen BD 5 times this season, and they are definately placing where they should be.

It has nothing to do with whether I like the show or not, but I did notice (at all 5 shows) that the legendary "BD Cleanliness" was absent. It blew my mind. I wasn't used to seeing so much dirt in a BD show.

Orpheus -- every single word you write is spot on. I don't know if you saw their show this year, but it wasn't difficult. Many of the people who have complained about their show have blasted the hollowness of it and not just the narration/concept.

I've seen BD 5 times this season, and they are definately placing where they should be.

It has nothing to do with whether I like the show or not, but I did notice (at all 5 shows) that the legendary "BD Cleanliness" was absent.  It blew my mind.  I wasn't used to seeing so much dirt in a BD show.

It sounds like you're judging BD against past BD corps' then and not against the current competition. Judges get in trouble for doing this, you should be careful not to fall into the same trap. BD was much cleaner than PR and Cavies last night.

"Yowza" is the new "M-word" of drum corps

<**>

Please - don't even mention that

I think someone said the "M" word at the Blue Devils design meeting this year. Talent level is the only thing keeping the Devs in 4th. Give this show to any corps but the perenial top 5 and you have a semi-finalist on your hands.

Side Note: Someone on the "SVC hosed?" thread actually typed the whole "M" word out and said SCV had the "M" working...or something like that. Maybe that's why they are in 9th.

Beware the power of the "M" word!

:worthy::blink::blink::beer:

I think someone said the "M" word at the Blue Devils design meeting this year. Talent level is the only thing keeping the Devs in 4th. Give this show to any corps but the perenial top 5 and you have a semi-finalist on your hands.

I can fully respect an opinion on show taste or feelings towards narration, but to say that because the world-class Blue Devils design team created that bad of a show simply because you don't care for the narration is pretty narrow-minded.

I won't claim to be the most supportive figure towards narration, but seeing that the 2 corps I have been a member with used narration this year, I decided to take an open mind into the showing last night. And quite frankly, the Blue Devils narration was the only one the entire night that was cleverly weaved into the show design. The Cascades was slightly distracting, the Bluecoats was just confusing, and I'm all around puzzled with the Cadets show. Just my opinion, but I think BD has done a great job this year.