Pacific Crest Uniform Concept

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note to readers: I am not a design person, nor am I slamming anyone that has design talent.

Lately I have seen lots of great ideas for uniforms on DCP, and lots of people saying the popular makers (Band Hall, FJM?) are boring and stink etc. Are corps and bands paying for design of uniform or CONSTRUCTION of uniforms? I would guess that the big companies are known for being able to construct 100+ uniforms and deliver them in a timely manner. Proper construction techniques would be used, as well as material selection and industry specific knowledge (cut of fabric for marching pants for example).

The designs are all great, but getting the idea from a piece of paper onto a feild is what people are paying for, and that is what these companies are providing.

Does anyone know how much an original design would cost as opposed to picking something from the catalog?

Side note: I think a great challenge for "Project Runway" would be a guard uniform for indoor or outdoor color guard.

Thanks for the comments, everyone.

I selected Pacific Crest because I've always thought that their current uniforms are a little unremarkable and because they had the opportunity to have something really distinguished and unique. Hopefully, these concepts would acheive that.

When I get a chance, I'll mockup #3 with gold accents... that seems to be a pretty common request.

Edited by Keith Laubhan

The designs are all great, but getting the idea from a piece of paper onto a feild is what people are paying for, and that is what these companies are providing.

You're absolutely correct, but that doesn't change the fact that a lot of the designs we see coming from the major uniform companies are pretty bland.

Here's a revised version of #3, side by side with #1, which seems to be the other most popular one.

I've added the wave icon to both shakos, and I've made the accents on #3 gold.

I appreciate everyone's input! :)

paccrest2.gif

#3 = winner! :)

Here's a revised version of #3, side by side with #1, which seems to be the other most popular one.

I've added the wave icon to both shakos, and I've made the accents on #3 gold.

I appreciate everyone's input! :)

paccrest2.gif

Add the gauntlets from 1 to 3 and I think you have a hands down winner.

Great job on all 4. Very nice

Thanks for everyone's comments and input! Here's the (I think) final version:

paccrest.gif

pretty sweet.

~>conner