Forbidden Regiment

EDIT: Double post, apologies

Edited by contraBand

My thoughts? I am mildly confused by the name. Otherwise, I'm glad to see other corps starting up, hopefully they can be successful

Agreed on the name thing. You don't strike out to be unique by copying a classic name from another corps as your FIRST order of business.

You might talk with our good buddy Sam who is active here. He has a wealth of information he would likely share from his days of starting a corps from the ground up.

The guy starting it runs a successful show design website so it is very possible.

http://www.precisionmarchingdesign.com/

Good luck.

And is a sophomore in college.

• Like 1

Potential answer regarding the name, taken from a comment by them on a post on their Facebook page:

"Well the idea was to go with something earthy/forresty. The corps colors ideally being green and black. Why that? San Marcos is the diamond of the hill country, lots of greenery. We thought of "the guardians", "thasos", "and many others. We wanted to go with a name that sounded like "the keepers of the Forest." Forbidden was something that stuck with us. What would you have called it? Thanks!"

Interesting thought process to say the least, I suppose.

Potential answer regarding the name, taken from a comment by them on a post on their Facebook page:

"Well the idea was to go with something earthy/forresty. The corps colors ideally being green and black. Why that? San Marcos is the diamond of the hill country, lots of greenery. We thought of "the guardians", "thasos", "and many others. We wanted to go with a name that sounded like "the keepers of the Forest." Forbidden was something that stuck with us. What would you have called it? Thanks!"

Interesting thought process to say the least, I suppose.

I'm not saying that Forbidden Regiment is a bad name at all, in fact I kind of like it. But now that I've seen this description, I think The Guardians would have been better.