Future of the Cadets

The only thing I will say is.. Cadets somehow are so far being very succesful regardless of my views. And IMO Cadets are riding a good wave and have no reason to start fizzling.. But the other corps are deffinetly going to go into Allentown with there A game. There are 7 corps who could take the title in my opinion and no one at this point is going to not go for it. This is a big weekend coming up and a good preview of things to come. If Cadets win this weekend.. the good for them.

As for the narration thing... Cadets are Cadets.. ppl are always going to be drawn to them and want to march with them. I dont think that its going to affect them in a negative way anytime soon. And who knows if they will keep doing narration. Again regardless of my views... Cadets are a talented solid corps and the best is who make it there.. and a lot of ppl want to perform with some of the best... and that includes learning under some of the best instructors in the activity, only time will tell.. even though I dont think they have anything to worry about.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like it to hurt the Cadets, because I think narration has benefitted drum corps about as much as astroturf benefitted baseball, but the reality is that narration is the new expectation. Things won't change. They'll stay in the hunt till the very end because they allegedly have some serious muscle in the hornline (Cadets be runnin' scared from the midwest so I won't see the show), but if the narration is indeed as preposterous as it was on that video I saw on The Crack Of The Internet, then that nonsense should punch their score in the balls, so to speak.

And I'd like you to sprain your ankle. That's a pretty screwed up thing to say.

Anyways, The Cadets' show is pretty good this year and I don't see them being a flop (define what a "flop" is). But that's enough I'll say in this thread because, as we have seen in other threads, we all know to what this will lead.

The only thing I will say is.. Cadets somehow are so far being very succesful regardless of my views. And IMO Cadets are riding a good wave and have no reason to start fizzling.. But the other corps are deffinetly going to go into Allentown with there A game. There are 7 corps who could take the title in my opinion and no one at this point is going to not go for it. This is a big weekend coming up and a good preview of things to come. If Cadets win this weekend.. the good for them.

As for the narration thing... Cadets are Cadets.. ppl are always going to be drawn to them and want to march with them. I dont think that its going to affect them in a negative way anytime soon. And who knows if they will keep doing narration. Again regardless of my views... Cadets are a talented solid corps and the best is who make it there.. and a lot of ppl want to perform with some of the best... and that includes learning under some of the best instructors in the activity, only time will tell.. even though I dont think they have anything to worry about.

I'd agree with that. I dislike any narration that takes place while the percussion and brass are playing, and as a matter of fact have very little tolerance for ANY narration at all. That said, these things seem to have no bearing at all on placements and scoring, but I'm not interested that much in scoring and placements anyway. The CD's and Videos I take out to watch and listen to on occasion have little or nothing to do with scoring and placements

Why hath the Cadets forsaken Chicago, Milwaukee, Madison, and Rockford this year? I wanted to see this show.

Good point. The Pacific Crest show would move along just fine without the narration. We'd understand the Vegas thing even if a girl didn't say "you lose a lot of money when you come here" or something like that. This is indicative of good design.

What bothers me about the Cadets show is that ,imo, it is a great show and all of the narration makes it hard for me to appreciate whats going on on the field. I love most of the music, and I'm a usually a big fan of the Cadet's drill. It just feels like you're sitting behind some really annoying person in the stands that wont shut up and let you hear the music. I hate it.

Ditto! That's been exactly my description of it as well. I keep thinking..... "SSHHHH - I want to hear the music!"

Why hath the Cadets forsaken Chicago, Milwaukee, Madison, and Rockford this year? I wanted to see this show.

Good point. The Pacific Crest show would move along just fine without the narration. We'd understand the Vegas thing even if a girl didn't say "you lose a lot of money when you come here" or something like that. This is indicative of good design.

Now I agree with you there. PC's show has a very good design. I also think Cadets show is very good. I don't think they will flop though. All the other corps in the top seven are in the hunt so the end of the season should be pretty interesting come finals, but I believe The Cadets will be up there as well.

Which Drum Corps have you designed for?

Which Drum Corps have you designed for?

Ha! What, you couldn't find a way to say that this topic is inconsequential because there's a war in Iraq?